Albany County Sheriff

Status
Not open for further replies.

NuthinFancy

Premium Subscriber
Does Anyone Know What Happened To Frequency 159.3600 CTCSS 118.8Hz ? I Don't Pick It Up Anymore, I Only Can Hear It On The County Trunked System. I Have A Few Analog Scanners I Still Like To Use ,But None Of Them Receive The Albany County Sheriff. Thanks In Advance, NuthinFancy

D

DaveNF2G

Unless there is a need to maintain connections with older equipment, agencies that move to trunked systems will eventually shut down the old conventional channels. It costs a lot of money to keep them on the air.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
It costs a lot of money to keep them on the air.
It does? :unsure:

The older equipment is already bought and paid for years ago, the microwave connections are already in place and being used for the newer trunked system infrastructure, and the legacy equipment is often left to run until it dies. The only real expense is a few dollars in electricity a day to power an older repeater. The expense to continue operating legacy equipment, especially just an analog repeater or two, pales in comparison to the cost of operating a full blown trunked system; tens of dollars vs hundreds of thousands of dollars.

With that being said, if the ACSO repeater on 159.360 has indeed been totally shut down, let's get the listings in the database cleaned up to avoid giving the false impression that these channels are still operational. That goes for any other conventional listing in the county (or any other county that has migrated to trunking).

NuthinFancy

Premium Subscriber
Thanks For The Reply NF2G I Thought That's What Was Going On ,Even Though It Is Still Listed In The Radio Reference Database . BTW Great Web Page{NF2G} I Used To Use It A lot. NuthinFancy

kmontano

I’ve spent some time this afternoon monitoring County Law 1 on the trunked system with an analog scanner locked on 159.360. None of the traffic on the digital side is being broadcast on the analog channel so it does appear the patch from the digital system to the analog frequency has been dropped. I’ll keep monitoring to see if I notice anything more.

D

DaveNF2G

There are still a number of patches to the new system from analog in use around the county. They are being re-verified periodically.

bkapusta

Premium Subscriber
My understanding is they are repurposing the equipment and moving the repeaters to new sites to enhance VHF paging for Fire/EMS

Status
Not open for further replies.