Albany DPS TRS New(er) Talkgroups

Status
Not open for further replies.

LathamScan

Premium Subscriber
Hello all,

I know that some new talkgroups are appearing on the City of Albany's DPS Trunked System. I am spending some time this morning listening specifically to any new talkgroups that show up.

55376 - this morning I have been hearing unit 2 speaking with units 6 and 9 about catering. Specifically, the caterer only needs one spot (?) so could one be freed up, as well as mention of the catering company pulling onto the upper lot

Also a side note, on APD 5 (54736) I heard unit 101 talk to unit 31 about another red being out on Quail; guessing they mean a red traffic light. Is unit 31 a traffic engineering unit?

More to come when I hear it.

Kevin

jgorman21

Premium Subscriber
Albany DPS TRS New (er) Talkgroups

I had asked a couple of other people about not hearing stuff unless I took the fleet maps off. Was there a general announcement somewhere here of this system change.

I will give a listen closer today.

Thanks.

jgorman21

Premium Subscriber
OK..........so..........has anyone compiled a list of the new talkgroups? If so, where is it!

I'll try to listen now that I can hear them and figure them out.

Thanks

jgorman21

Premium Subscriber
I guess I'm not fully understanding all of this.

My older scanner (Pro 95) which had been set for years on the old system went silent some time ago. When I remove the fleet maps and set it as type II it receives the talkgroups, but not as 700-?? more like the 555??. Those types of numbers don't appear on radio reference or Dave's site.

In fact, there were references on this post (I think?) or somewhere on radio reference about new talkgroups with the 555?? not 700-??

The 50M$ question is - are they 700-?? or 555??.

So, I'm guessing I'm missing another setting if they are now to read as 700-??. Is it in the "Format" section (on Win 500), or in other words where you pick "hex" etc etc?

Thanks.

D

DaveNF2G

Clean out your browser cache. The type II talkgroups have been on my site for many months.

jgorman21

Premium Subscriber
Albany DPS

Well..........my browser is cleaned each time I get off and then manually again. What I get on the site is the 700-?? stuff.

D

DaveNF2G

You are looking at the DGS system CC2F, which is still Type IIi. DPS BB37 is Type II.

jgorman21

Premium Subscriber
Albany DPS

Well.....

When I put a fleet map in as is directed on three different computers from three different locations, I only here the "Interac" noise bursts.

When I remove the fleet maps, I get traffic with the 555xx format.

Dave, maybe at one of the next club meetings if I see you we can compare radio settings? I must be doing something wrong.

But I can say, setting it up the "old way", I cant hear a thing on three different radios.

So I am at a loss.

I"ll just have to "open it up" andn listen to the traffic to figure out the groups in that format.

Thanks for trying to help.

D

DaveNF2G

If I can get my antennas up this weekend, I should be able to begin monitoring the Albany systems again. Right now they are blocked by the hill to the south of my current location.

Your reports that something has changed are certainly credible. I just can't confirm what's happening yet. Sorry about that.

So far, three other hams have more or less committed to coming over on Saturday for the installation. If you want to join the party, PM me or email me and I'll provide the location.

jgorman21

Premium Subscriber
Albany DPS New(er) Talkgroups

Hello Dave, et all.

By using Unitracker with the PSR 500 I have confirmed that indeed Albany's system has changed. Some of the new talkgroups so fare are:
55920 - Appears to be Sanitation.
55888 - DGS
44936 - Interac

I will be listening to these and adding others and hopefully will eventually label them.

Take the old fleet map out and throw these in with some wildcards and we'll figure this out!

Thanks.

D

DaveNF2G

Excellent. As soon as somebody shows up to help with raising the antennas (it has only been a month and a half now), I can get started on this.

jgorman21

Premium Subscriber
Albany DGS

Talkgrounp Updates:

55920 - Sanitation.
55888 - DGS Main
44936 - Interac
56208 - Albany Water 1
61408 - Albany Muni Golf Course

I will make an effort to listen to this system for updates in the coming weeks/days.

Status
Not open for further replies.