Albany International Airport Feed Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken_Allen

Anyone who listens to the Albany International Airport (Albany, NY) might notice less transmissions.

I have moved to 5 miles away from the airport, from 2 miles away from the airport.

Though I have also upgraded antennas to a dedicated spider air band antenna with a ground plane from just the whip.

Transmissions may even be better heard calling TO Boston Center.

I have also been having some problems with their frequencies. They keep changing frequencies and are doing like a redo on their radio systems. 132.825 and 118.05 are Approach, but are for different runways, or used to be. They are NOW linked together, but 118.05 never has pilots calling back, only 132.825. Also the tower frequency, 119.5 is linked with the ground frequency of 121.7. It's weird and they have *two* frequencies now that they use. There's a clearance frequency (127.5), but I never hear anything on it and it might even be linked with the tower.

Just giving a heads up to anyone in the area who listens.

Last edited:

mgs05mike

Not much has changed in 2011...

Here it is 2/6/2011 and not much has changed. 121.35000 is pretty much used for the ALB tower and Boston. I hear traffic regularly on 132.82500. ALB Clearance is regularly used for pre-landing, now.
I have also been very interested in ground operations, because of my education in those areas and my logistics experience. If interested, try the Albany County Airport Authority, which is an LTR Standard, Analog, trunking system.

D

DaveNF2G

Albany tower is on 119.500. Boston Center is on 121.350. Very different.

Clearance Delivery is not used pre-landing. It is for receiving ATC clearances prior to takeoff.

Status
Not open for further replies.