Albemarle/Charlottesville APD TAC 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jester9099

What are the chances that the Tac 1 talkgroup is encrypted? I don't see Radioreference showing any encrypted talkgroups but while scanning, I heard officers on SA1 to switch to Tac1 but I never heard any traffic on that site. Any way to confirm this?

BlueMoon2

Premium Subscriber
What are the chances that the Tac 1 talkgroup is encrypted? I don't see Radioreference showing any encrypted talkgroups but while scanning, I heard officers on SA1 to switch to Tac1 but I never heard any traffic on that site. Any way to confirm this?
It is certainly possible. Jade and one other talkgroup are encrypted and those talkgroups are not going to be published per public safety agencies. Happy scanning!

jester9099

It is certainly possible. Jade and one other talkgroup are encrypted and those talkgroups are not going to be published per public safety agencies. Happy scanning!
That's interesting. I have never heard of the talkgroup Jade. Obviously it doesn't matter considering it's encrypted. I've got an SDS200 and it's funny how Richmond Simulcast is in there with all the police talkgroups but you can't listen to any of them because they are all encrypted. I sure hope Albemarle doesn't go that way with this new system. If they do, I guess there will be another SDS200 for sale on the market.

cshiffy105

Premium Subscriber

I could be totally wrong, but I think that TAC1 and TAC2 are Talkaround channels. I remember a standoff with a person in Charlottesville a few years ago and Charlottesville PD and SWAT switched to TAC2. I had no traffic on the trunked system at all so I don't believe it was actually hitting the system.

QDP2012

There's more than two total encrypted talkgroups -- the two above that were always encrypted and unpublished, plus the other unpublished talkgroups that later became encrypted, some of which were formerly open and formerly listed in RR's DB (as a hint to which ones).
I could be totally wrong, but I think that TAC1 and TAC2 are Talkaround channels. I remember a standoff with a person in Charlottesville a few years ago and Charlottesville PD and SWAT switched to TAC2. I had no traffic on the trunked system at all so I don't believe it was actually hitting the system.
Tac 1 and Tac 2 (different than Scottsville Tac 1) are not repeated and can be used by different agencies on-scene.

According to this link, there is no tac 1 and tac 2. Unless you’re speaking of scottsville tac 1.
The above .pdf only listed what ECC wanted public, and was not a comprehensive list of all unencrypted talkgroups or unrepeated frequencies in the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.