Albemarle/Charlottesville Fire Tone Outs

Status
Not open for further replies.

traviscomm

I have been listening to the Albemarle/Charlottesville Regional Fire talk groups and noticed that the tones sent out on the ACFR Disp and Resp don't sound like conventional two-tones. I was looking for the pager tones for Albemarle/Charlottesville to plug into my scanner but can't seem to find them and have had difficulty decoding them.

My question is, are the pager/dispatch tones for Albemarle/Charlottesville two-tone or something else, and if so, what are the tones specifically.

GmanX

Premium Subscriber
Its two tone but its really fast. Not a standard 1,3 tone. If you slow it down its still two tone

BoxAlarm187

Level 6 RR Member (Since 1998)
Premium Subscriber
Prince William uses (used?) a really fast set of two-tone sequential tones as well, I believe that they're native to the Zetron consoles. Corrections welcome.

GmanX

Premium Subscriber
When they went away from Motorola pagers. Someone found out they could alert with shorter tones and went with it. I don't know what the future hold with a new system upgrade for them

BoxAlarm187

Level 6 RR Member (Since 1998)
Premium Subscriber
When they went away from Motorola pagers. Someone found out they could alert with shorter tones and went with it.

My agency discussed doing this years ago as well, but decided against it since there was less chance of the pager being opened up in the event that the user was in an area with weaker coverage.

RBMTS

Just an FYI, the Unication Gx pagers allow users to customize the the settings for tone timing. This is especially helpful on alert or warble tones that go out via CAD dispatches. I have setup tone sets with timing that is 3-tenths of a second in duration and it works flawlessly (as along as you are parked on the dispatch frequency or the P25 talk group.

traviscomm

Thank you. I noticed another somewhat weird thing. I am also a volunteer for Fluvanna, and we have Minitor VI's with two-tone, so I set up my SDS200 to record them so I could decode and plug them into my scanner to be alerted in addition to my pager but when I was decoding them off my scanner, the tones seemed to be off by a couple of Hz's. Then because the alerts didn't seem to be going off on my scanner from the tones I decoded, I set it up, so my pager was recorded into my computer and decoded the tones again, and they were, in fact, off by about 5 Hz.

Status
Not open for further replies.