Albemarle County probs

Status
Not open for further replies.

gcgrotz

Listening to comms on an incident. Truck overturned on Rt 53 at Monticello with entrapment. Pegasus dispatched. Medcomm said they were patching to the TRS system and it seems to me chaos has broken out. Command is talking over top of Pegasus due to the delay in the P25, the first few seconds of Pegasus traffic doesn't go out on the TRS, and there is skip interfering on 800 TRS inputs. They have spent 5 or 10 minutes trying to coordinate the LZ. Pegasus was still on MED9, their normal ops channel, but they were supposed to be on MED4 - a freq I've never heard them use in this county in 12 years of monitoring. I didn't hear the word to switch, and I'm not in a helocopter!

A simplex VHF freq would have been very effective and Pegasus would have been on the ground. All in all I would have to say they need to work out some procedures a little better, and it is apparent that Pegasus doesn't have a county P25 radio. I guess they only have the Wolfsburg.

Right now I have 3 scanners going, Command just gave a report to UVa hospital with a trauma alert, the flight will only be a couple of minutes once they get airborne. Pegasus is back on good old FM MED9 talking to Hospital about 30 seconds out. Patient was pinned from the waist down.

CVASSB

Help!!!

Is there anyone out there who can help me program my new Uniden 996Tscanner?I ordered the Butel software download for this scanner,and I cannot download it into this scanner.All of my attempts,have proven unsuccessful.I've tried,and tried,even during my vacation,and I have been unsuccessful.I live in Fluvanna,Virginia. StephenWalters

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Stephen,

Welcome to the forum.

Hope gcgrotz doesn't think we are hijacking his feed, but you would be better to have you question in the Software forum or Uniden forum. However, Highlight one of the downloaded systems and Press F6 or use the 996 menu and select Send Data. Highlight the next and do the same etc. BTW, your files may be stored in the Data folder in ARC996 folder if you saved them. If so, all you need to do is open them using the File menu.

gcgrotz, every thing turn out ok? Sounds like the were trying to use the same TG for all operations. We use a dedicated TG here for LZ and nightingale and another for the rest of the on site operations, usually one of the Firegrounds.

gcgrotz

Hijack away everybody.

Turns out the guy in the truck wasn't seriously injured, they charged him with failure to maintain control and faulty equip. Truck belonged to the county service auth. Sounds like a legal mess is coming. Once they got on MED4 it seemed to work ok. Still seemed to be kind of cumbersome, I think they need some practice drills. All in all it seems to be working ok. I like being able to hear fireground comms, you had to be on top of them with the old low band system.

Stephen: I dont know what to tell you other than point and click. It helped me a lot to print the PDF manual for ARC396 and read through it. I'm an old fart and I like to hold a piece of paper in my hand when I'm trying to learn something. Basically you just create the system and upload it to the scanner. I don't know if '396 files are compatible with the '996 but if they are I'd be happy to make a zip file for you. I have the city, county, police and firwe/rescue all broken out and then one system that scans everything. I also had to set the decode threshold to 7 to get it to sound a little better.

Jay434

And just as an FYI guys, Pegasus has a TFM-550 or 500 Technisonics radio. There are two major manufacturers of airborne FM gear, Technisonics and Wulfsberg.

http://til.ca/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=59&Itemid=103

The 500 is field programmable in VHF hi and UHF, where the 500 allows access to low band. I can't remember exactly between the two, but it is one or the other. Neither radio allows P25 capabilities.

Jay

gcgrotz

Thanks for that info and the link. I'm guessing that it was ordered with the low band since that is what fire used up until this past April and fire was always responsible for the LZ. A few remote fire comp's in the valley still use lowband I think.

The old Pegasus N4UV used a Wulfsburg, I wasn't sure about the new one since they didn't bother to ask me haha.

Anyway, thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.