Alberta Database - Major Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Hi all,

Lindsay Blanton, the owner/operator of the site, has updated Alberta to include all the counties, municipal districts, and native reservations present in Alberta. I requested this a while ago in the interest of making the database more closely reflect a) what Alberta is laid out as and 2) the rest of the RadioReference database, where each state/province has counties/cities/etc.

Migrating all the existing data from provincial "agencies" into their respective county info will take me some time. Some of the info ends up in a different format or location than it is/was in the provincial "agency" format. I've done Acadia, Athabasca, and Banff National Park so far. As I have time, I'll work on the rest of the DB, which will show up as having changed as I get to it. Feel free to check the changed ones out to see how things are laid out.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Folks, I've migrated 99% of the data into the actual counties. The remainder has to wait for a couple little updates before it can be moved.

A few comments about some of the data:

- Places might show RCMP frequencies but have both repeaters listed that sit on one frequency (i.e. B2/B7 or A3/A4). This is because I know that that area uses that frequency (for example, because the FD is licensed for that freq), but I'm not sure which tone pair (repeater) is in use. If you can help figure it out, please submit info. If you're looking to program stuff in for visiting that area, I'd recommend using both, and then telling us which channel is in use. :)

- Fields which are unknown are left blank. If you see no tone listed in an entry, for example, that's because I don't know what it is - not that there's no tone on that channel. If there's genuinely no tone, I will put "CSQ" for Carrier Squelch in there.

- I tried to make categories match province-wide, i.e. "Public Safety (Fire & EMS)", "Public Safety (Police)" (and associated security/bylaw forces), etc. I'll try to keep it that way as time goes on.

- The RRDB considers each district a "county", no matter if it's a municipal district, improvement district, national park, city, county, or native reserve. It's gonna have to be that way in the DB.. so please put up with the "Calgary County" or "Blood Reserve County" etc.

As always, if you have any data to correct/add/update, please send it in!

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
Really appreciate the efforts you have put into this. Thanks for a great effort and job!

Status
Not open for further replies.