Alberta live feeds to monitor wildland fires

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
maybe if some can ask a person who does stream that area if they can add forestry

They are evacuated. There should be no one in the area except for first responders.

58.5143600, -117.1295056

This is the town. The entire county is only 11,000 people and is 80,000sq km in size.

The next closest town is 56km away. I doubt there are even anyone on this board in that area.

The closest town I know of that has any members of this board is 384km away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
It's a gigantic area and very little people let alone people with scanners.

To boot, I believe they are operating on simplex frequencies and/or AFRRCS provincewide talkgroups. Power has been out to most of the area on and off throughout the incident as the fire has taken out infrastructure, and cellular and wireline telecoms have been compromised as well.

There is no realistic way you're getting anyone to provide a stream from that area without undergoing significant personal risk.

You can listen to the High Level fire on AFRRCS Talkgroup ID 871/872/873.

These channels are the Province Wide Combined Events talkgroups 1,2, and 3. Not too many interesting things going on, mostly just work assignments and Task Force chatter with no context, but if you have a P25 compatible scanner you can listen in.

You can listen to the High Level fire on AFRRCS Talkgroup ID 871/872/873.

These channels are the Province Wide Combined Events talkgroups 1,2, and 3. Not too many interesting things going on, mostly just work assignments and Task Force chatter with no context, but if you have a P25 compatible scanner you can listen in.

Correction on that, they're talkgroups 870/871/872

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
ad about 3 or 4 mandatory evacuation drop today. All the way down to and including Manning now. There is also a mandatory evac in place for Wabasca and Bigstone Cree Nation just south of Wabasca.

Manning north to Twp Rd 92-2 are under evac alert not an evac order.

beeperboy

Is there any ham repeaters in the area to listen to? Maybe a more poignant question is whether any hams are left in the area?

I assume there is at least one on Watt mountain, as it's the only hill for hundreds of square miles.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
The fire situation in northern Alberta has worsened dramatically since this thread was first started.

The Chuckegg Creek fire (HWF-042) has turned around and moved south, spreading to nearly 600,000 acres as of today. While High Level is relatively safe at the moment, the Paddle Prairie Métis settlement is not quite as lucky - up to 14 evacuated homes have been lost to the fire.

There are a couple of other large complex fires (complex = multiple fires merging into one incident) on the go elsewhere in the province. One in the Slave Lake region near Trout Lake was at 113,000 acres this morning, but has just blown up and is moving rapidly north towards the Trout Lake community which has gone on evacuation notice 6 hours before this post. Another slightly further south near the actual community of Slave Lake is 250,000 acres or more and growing.

Having said that, all of these are still outside the area of any livestreams or linked ham repeaters to the best of my knowledge.

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
Go look on Broadcastify. There are NO feeds in these areas. Period. There is no one there to stream the comms besides first responders. Period.

So what's to stop anyone in Edmonton streaming the Province wide CET groups. CET 1 to 5 so far. RCMP are using CET 5 as a detachment chat channel including chasing bears with Fish and Wildlife, checkpoints and traffic control.

maplebear

Premium Subscriber
Hi I am listening to Ab CET 5 in Calgary off the Banker's Hall site.
They are talking High Level fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.