Albuquerque PD - Cottonwood Area Command

Status
Not open for further replies.

NMPhillieFan

I heard the new area command, to start 4/26, will be using the "Citywide" talkgroup. Of course, I will confirm this as soon as possible thereafter....if someone doesn't beat me to it...

Makes sense too..."APD_CW" Depending on who you talk to, it always meant "Cottonwood", not Citywide.

Last edited:

NMPhillieFan

And so it's confirmed...the citywide talkgroup is now the Cottonwood Area Command

They also appear to have renamed Westside to Southwest (Area Command)

Last edited:

NMPhillieFan

abqscan said:
should I change it in the DataBase?

Sure. You can also add TG 609 to the list. It is Albuquerque City Security. I have also seen their radio ID's appear on TG 610, but I dont listen to them enough to know how they identify the secondary talkgroup...perhaps its just 'channel 2'?

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
Got the new Cottonwood TG in the DB, and added the Albuquerque City Security =)

NMPhillieFan

I've noticed the last several days the SW and CW talkgroups have been patched together (patch 1). I'm not sure why this is. I notice this during the day as I work nights. Its possible they combine them during the day and split them up at night when its busier. I will continue to watch this...

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
My money is on the fact that they are not busy enough to have two separate dispatchers for each TG, just like BCSO.

Status
Not open for further replies.