Albuquerque

Status
Not open for further replies.

Go-West

Premium Subscriber
Albuquerque and Bernalillo: I noticed that the plan for a new set-up for this area now. Is this still being active on this list for the newer set-up now? Thanks.

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
ABQ and BernCo public safety users are moving to the P25 system. It sounds like the EDACS system will stay on the air to support public works until funds are available to support their transition.

There is supposed to be a P25 site in Las Cruces. Have you tried searching for it?

Go-West

Premium Subscriber
They are supposedly issuing a new system where now for over five years so far. I have found minor changes with it in that range. I rarely here it better with its Provoice talkgroup.

Giddyuptd

Premium Subscriber
Last I knew it was a transportable site initially in Cruces then shut on and off by techs. Haven't heard since anything on it.

Giddyuptd

Premium Subscriber
I'll have to check into it next time I'm around.

I know NMSU without doubt is now a VHF cap plus system using RAS.

MrAstroSaber

Walkie Talkie Man
NMSU Police is using the State 700 trunking system. There is a site in LC I am guessing A mnt. Also the portable is somewhere at NMSU as well. NMSU Police switched to the State 700 system almost 6 months ago. Using there old VHF Moto Turbo junk as a backup. NMSU Fire has not yet made the switch but are planing to purchase new radios and join the state system as well so they can also ditch Moto Turbo JUNK.

Status
Not open for further replies.