ALCO Medic Dispatching

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oakland_Tower

Premium Subscriber
As many of you know, a new ambulance service (Paramedics Plus) begins service in Alameda County on November 1st. In addition, Alameda County will handle the dispatching for the medics on the ALCO trunking system. I have been hearing traffic on new talk groups but I don't know if this is for training purposes or not. Please "search" the system next week and report your findings. Here is what I have tonight: 57712 used as a TAC channel, but referred to as "training channel". 57680 dispatch or "ops" channel. Have been hearing only simulated Oakland calls, so may be a north dispatch only. 57744 some tech talk here re gps units and mobile screens. From the sound of things, looks like they will dispatch the medics on one talk group, have them switch over to another talk group for an "update" and remain there until the detail is complete.
##

mibzzer15

Last night for listening to AMR...sounds like at midnight is the switchover to Paramedics Plus.

@Ben96Cal They could be using Fire tac 12-17, except that I know Tac 16 & possibly 17 is used for Fire training.

Hopefully I can do a little searching and listening for the TGIDs tonight granted I can stay up that late.

mibzzer15

getting a TGID of 20816, possibly dispatch and updates go out on Fire Control 3.

Also, just had ID 57680 come up. They were talking about a mayday alarm on a vehicle which they could not find in their CAD system.

mibzzer15

Well I am out for the night, I am going to leave my computer on for the night while logging and recording anything i pick up on the BCD996XT.

Oakland_Tower

Premium Subscriber
Wow- what a mess. Guess this is to be expected with a major change like this. Many mobile computer problems. Almost all medics do not have a list of the coded "posts" to go to. Many units assigned calls that have not cleared the previous call. Appears that county wide medic dispatch (for those agencies under contract) is being done on the former IA EMS (20816) now being called "C-MED". Then the medic unit switches to the ALCO Fire Control channel for that area. E.g. Fremont medic call dispatched on 20816 then switched over to Control 1 when enroute. Lots of confusion with the four digit medic number system. Forty one sixty seven often answered by forty one fifty seven, etc. I'm trying to figure out if there is a system for this numbering. Are the 2000s in Oakland? 4000s Fremont? etc. Just heard a 5000 unit sent to Dublin. 7000 unit off to Livermore. Lots to learn.

kma371

QRT
20816 has always been cmed. It was the former hospital ring down.

22000 is IA EMS.

Please submit updates to DB also

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

mibzzer15

Just said the medics should have their radio IDs telling them what zone they should be in. So it should just be time in figuring out what numbers are where.

Btw, 57680 is Logistics. Submitted to DB.

Ben96cal

Control 3 is being used when PP+ units are enroute to a call with fire.. CMED is being used as dispatch for PP+. I'll do some hunting with friends at dispatch and let everyone know..

Oakland_Tower

Premium Subscriber
A few additional tags used by PP+ 57712 Training 57680 Operations. They seem to be using a zone dispatching system. Zone 2, 2000 units, appear to be operating in Oakland and San Leandro. The supe for this zone is 1102. Zone 3 is Hayward, Newark, Union City area using 3000 units and supe as 1103. Zone four is Fremont, where, according to news reports, 4 medics are housed. I've heard the 5000 units staging along an east - west cooridor from Altamont Pass to 238/880 intersection. They may handle the unincorporated areas of San Lorenzo, Castro Valley, etc as well as Dublin. Will need to do some more monitoring to fine tune this. I'm not sure about Pleasanton. If the medic is responding to a call in an area that is dispatched by ALCO fire, they will switch to that control channel. If not, such as Oakland or Hayward, they then use ALCO Fire Control 3. For example, an EMS call in Castro Valley will be dispatched on CMED then the medic will change over to Control 2, which dispatches fire calls for that area. More to come. I'll send updates to the DB when I have this sorted out a bit better.

potatoman

ALCO has five (5) EMS response zones;

Zone 1 = Alameda, Albany, Berkeley, Piedmont (all FD EMS)
Zone 2 = Oakland + Emeryville
Zone 3 = San Leandro, Castro Valley, Hayward
Zone 4 = Fremont, Newark, Union City
Zone 5 = Dublin, Pleasanton, Livermore

Oakland_Tower

Premium Subscriber
Good info on the ems zones. Thanks. Sounds like a rough transition going on out there with both mechanical and software issues being dealt with.

Status
Not open for further replies.