ALCO Tac 11 around noon Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mibzzer15

What is going on ALCO Tac 11 right now? Sounds like ALCO is assigning vehicles and radios to medics, and then routing them to "posts" then onto a medic call. Is this training or something, or a new medic channel?

mibzzer15

Ahh ok answered my own question here...sounds like they are talking about it being a drill...i also heard them testing out a system called "Marvelous" or something similar to that....is that a new system or what?

Oakland_Tower

Premium Subscriber
I heard that as well. Wonder if that training had anything to do with the new paramedic contract that goes into effect soon (next month?). Will ALCO dispatch them? The medics on TAC 11 had four digit calls, and the AMR units use 3 digit. Time will tell.

Oakland_Tower

Premium Subscriber
I did a little research...Paramedics Plus (which was mentioned in the TAC 11 traffic) starts ops Nov 2011. The question I have is will they do their own dispatching, like AMR, or will ALCO? On TAC 11 the training had the dispatcher ID as "Alco" and they had a unique dispatch sequence, complete with "time out" ala LA County Fire.

Oakland_Tower

Premium Subscriber
I was able to confirm with ALCO Fire via Twitter that they will dispatch the paramedics starting in November:
Yes, the Alameda County Regional Communications Cntr (ACRECC) will dispatch for them starting November 1st

mibzzer15

Woah new paramedic contract for ALCO? I know I heard of santa clara county getting new contracts with a different company, but I heard nothing about ALCO getting a new contract....when did that happen?

mibzzer15

Ahh ok..so do we already have the freqs for them if you're saying that alco fire will dispatch the parameds?

Oakland_Tower

Premium Subscriber
The county board of supes approved it last winter, I believe. I think this was a cost saving move and not that they were dissatisfied with the service.

Oakland_Tower

Premium Subscriber
I'm sure they'll use the ALCO Trunked System and probably use the AMR talk groups. Check out the new ambulances on the Paramedics Plus web page.

mibzzer15

I saw the new ambulances page and just remembered I saw one of those last week near fremont blvd and mowry ave.....things are as UGLY as hell (they dont have to be pretty LOL) but you sure can see the red and yellow cross-hatches from a mile away!

Ben96cal

ALCO dispatch has hired a bunch of dispatchers since June due to PP coming in NOV as well as they are taking over fire dispatch for Livermore-Pleasanton by year end also. Sounds like Fri was testing day for PP. I was hearing Medic 212x being assigned to Posts also on tac 11.

kma371

QRT
Doesn't Lab Fire do ALCO fire not ALCO?

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Ben96cal

If you listen to the calls they are being sent on it's hillarious... Medical for a patient 51/50 having allergic reaction to Botox..

mibzzer15

lmao thats good haha...I had them locked out while i was away for 2 hours and im back and dont hear them at all anymore...guess they are done for today haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.