Alert Light Service Types

Status
Not open for further replies.

sfd119

Is there a mass setting to turn on the Alert Light based on service types? I have a state-wide trunked system where it would be nice to turn the Alert Light on based on the service type "Law" or "Fire".

Thanks.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Butel

Is there a mass setting to turn on the Alert Light based on service types? I have a state-wide trunked system where it would be nice to turn the Alert Light on based on the service type "Law" or "Fire".

Thanks.

Using Butel software, you can activate/turn off alert buttons en masse using the LED colors. In other words, you can make all EMS talk groups within the program red slow blink. For Fire, you could make the talk groups red with a fast blink LED.

I own the Pro version. Hence, I don't know if this is exclusive to this version of Butel for the 436HP.

I hardly ever use Butel, but I would certainly consider using such if I was programming an entire statewide trunking system.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
You could sort of do that in ProScan with a Favorite List. Proscan lets you search/replace, so you could search for all Fire Dispatch channels and manually paste Red/Fast Blink into the Alert Light column when you find them. It's not fully automatic, but faster than manually searching.

I would send the author of ProScan a email or PM. He's pretty good about taking customer feedback.

garys

Premium Subscriber
How do you do this? I own the Pro version and don't see a way to do that.

Using Butel software, you can activate/turn off alert buttons en masse using the LED colors. In other words, you can make all EMS talk groups within the program red slow blink. For Fire, you could make the talk groups red with a fast blink LED.

I own the Pro version. Hence, I don't know if this is exclusive to this version of Butel for the 436HP.

I hardly ever use Butel, but I would certainly consider using such if I was programming an entire statewide trunking system.

troymail

Silent Key

Thanks.

So, apparently my answer needs to be "qualified".

No, not natively. But if you want to buy extra software to make the LED blink for 2 seconds, go for it. :p

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
You can also use the Sentinel software highlight & change a long row of talk groups, then identify the colors.

garys

Premium Subscriber
Oh, okay. I didn't realize that you could only do it during web import. I was thinking I could add that to existing departments.

Nice feature, but won't really help me in this case.

Thanks.

Go to the radioreference Web import and click the led colors tab.

mule1075

Feed Provider
Oh, okay. I didn't realize that you could only do it during web import. I was thinking I could add that to existing departments.

Nice feature, but won't really help me in this case.

Thanks.
Might be able to do that with Proscan under the find and replace.I just saw a recent post about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.