Alert Tone and flashing LED

Status
Not open for further replies.

trauts14

I have the dispatch channel for "High Point Fire" configured to flash red LED and sound an alert. I would now like to be able to do the same for all fire channels within "High Point Fire." I cannot remember how I did this the first time, and I can edit each channel to make the special alerts happen. I am guessing I am doing something wrong. Any assistance is appreciated. I have a screen vid below.

https://youtu.be/uPtp5pcWry4

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I have the dispatch channel for "High Point Fire" configured to flash red LED and sound an alert. I would now like to be able to do the same for all fire channels within "High Point Fire." I cannot remember how I did this the first time, and I can edit each channel to make the special alerts happen. I am guessing I am doing something wrong. Any assistance is appreciated. I have a screen vid below.

https://youtu.be/uPtp5pcWry4
You did not specify scanner & software, but from the video, it appears to be Sentinel for the x36HP scanners.

You can change a range of channels (whether conventional frequencies or talkgroups in a trunked system) very easily. Make your first change in the group, then whan you finish it, that selection will still be highlighted (selected). Copy that to the Windows clipboard (<CTRL>+<C>).

Now, hold down the shift key and select all of the items you want to change in the same column. If the first one changed was the top line (or bottom), hold down the shift key & click on the last line (if your first was the top) or the top line (if your first change was at bottom). You'll get the pop-up for the one you just selected. Just select Cancel (while still holding down the <Shift> key. Your whole column is now selected.

Use the Windows paste command (<CTRL>+<V>) to paste the setting from your first selection into the entire column. If your first change was to a line other than the top or bottom, hold down the Shift key and select the top line (canceling the pop-up menu) then (still holding shift) select the bottom line. Cancel the pop-up for the bottom & paste your setting into the column.

If your updated value (led color, flashing, whatever) will be used for other systems and departments, you can select a range of entrees in one or more additional departments & update them as well. Note that you'd still need to be in the same Favorites list Editor session for this to work. It does not work if you updated one Fav list, saved changes & closed the Editor, then opened a different list to edit. Your saved clipboard value is flushed in between edit sessions.

Status
Not open for further replies.