Alerts being edited

Status
Not open for further replies.

csmith00

Feed Provider
Tonight I noticed the alert I posted was modified to remove house number for dwelling fire. Are we to no longer use house numbers? The examples below the alert box has one using house number. Thank you.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
I think we had a policy miscommunication with our team on this issue. We're working to update our policies to clarify adding personally identifiable information in feed alerts. Addresses for incidents are OK, however names of individuals etc are not. We're going to better clarify by updating the policy statement on the feed alert page shortly.

Sorry for the problems.

csmith00

Feed Provider
I think we had a policy miscommunication with our team on this issue. We're working to update our policies to clarify adding personally identifiable information in feed alerts. Addresses for incidents are OK, however names of individuals etc are not. We're going to better clarify by updating the policy statement on the feed alert page shortly.

Sorry for the problems.
No worries. Just wanted to make sure I was not breaking a rule. Thanks.

One13Truck

Feed Provider
Can we, maybe, also send out a refresher of what is and isn’t alert worthy as well? The alert above is one that is fine and would make me pull up the feed and listen if I caught it live but certain feeds must post alerts for every call that happens in their feed areas no matter how major or minor they are.

I’m sure most of us don’t care that Somerville is responding with their ladder mutual aid to West Townsville for a cat on a roof, Plowville’s only traffic light is blinking red and yellow again, or that West Podunk PD is responding Code 3 for a possible raccoon in a garbage can.

Status
Not open for further replies.