Alerts for Phase 2 and TRBO trunks

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
As we're beginning to see some of the trunked system articles in the wiki talking about Phase 2 or MOTORTBO trunks, I think it's a good idea to warn people that, at least in the case of Phase 2 systems we only have 3 scanners that can handle this, and in the case of MOTOTRBO, no scanner can.

In both cases DSD and DSDPlus are mentioned as alternatives. This should be at least somewhat helpful to newcomers who see these articles and wonder why they can't get them programmed (say, if they're using a PRO-106 or BCD996...). 2 templates have been coded for this purpose

The templates are called P2Tracker (for Phase 2 systems) and DMRTracker (for DMR./Mototrbo systems). They require no more than a single line of code, and here are 2 examples you can edit to see how its done...

Texas Wide Area Radio Network (TxWARN) Project 25 - The RadioReference Wiki

FleetTalk - Houston Connect Plus - the RR Wiki

This effectively parallels the warnings that appear in the database about Phase 2 systems (and goes a bit further by mentioning the applications that can copy these modes).

Mike

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
All what does, Joey? I think that you can actually decode them and hear what's being said using DSD / DSD+, but please do ask in the right forum...Mike

Last edited:

RF23

Premium Subscriber
As we're beginning to see some of the trunked system articles in the wiki talking about Phase 2 or MOTORTBO trunks, I think it's a good idea to warn people that, at least in the case of Phase 2 systems we only have 3 scanners that can handle this, and in the case of MOTOTRBO, no scanner can.

In both cases DSD and DSDPlus are mentioned as alternatives. This should be at least somewhat helpful to newcomers who see these articles and wonder why they can't get them programmed (say, if they're using a PRO-106 or BCD996...). 2 templates have been coded for this purpose

The templates are called P2Tracker (for Phase 2 systems) and DMRTracker (for DMR./Mototrbo systems). They require no more than a single line of code, and here are 2 examples you can edit to see how its done...

Texas Wide Area Radio Network (TxWARN) Project 25 - The RadioReference Wiki

FleetTalk - Houston Connect Plus - the RR Wiki

This effectively parallels the warnings that appear in the database about Phase 2 systems (and goes a bit further by mentioning the applications that can copy these modes).

Mike

Under the "Houston_Connect_Plus" link don't you think that the appropriate "Dongle" should be included as a possible way that DSD or DSD+ could be used?

From what I have read I think they work but more effort is needed to get them to work than the other methods listed.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I see that the page for DSD has links to working setups (and I see one dongle already documented with such an ability), so it's likely more appropriate that such working setups should be posted there. DSD is already mentioned in the template.

Mike

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.