• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Alfa 10 Max AM 1000 10 Meter Radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

roadranger

Has anyone seen the cbradiomagazine reveiw on this neat new radio? I like it, and may consider replacing my Cobra 29 LTD Classic with it, instead of with the LXLE.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Has anyone seen the cbradiomagazine reveiw on this neat new radio? I like it, and may consider replacing my Cobra 29 LTD Classic with it, instead of with the LXLE.

It is a 10 meter radio, NOT 11meters which is cb. Stick with your cobra cb.
n9zas

kb2vxa

Banned
Oh no, another illegal radio being endorsed by a CB mag. Here we go again, round and round she goes, where she stops nobody knows.

Dizzy, I'm so dizzy my head is spinning
Like a whirlpool it never ends
And it's CB ads makin' it spin
You're making me dizzy!

gewecke

Banned
Oh no, another illegal radio being endorsed by a CB mag. Here we go again, round and round she goes, where she stops nobody knows.

Dizzy, I'm so dizzy my head is spinning
Like a whirlpool it never ends
And it's CB ads makin' it spin
You're making me dizzy!

:lol::lol:

Pretty rich warren!

n9zas

kb2vxa

Banned
Yeah, but there's a reason. It all started long ago with S9, one of the early CB mags that jumped on the money band wagon when illegal activity got in full swing. If you were spinning as long as I wouldn't you be dizzy or maybe your head would have unscrewed and fallen off?

Roe is fish eggs so what the heck is Tommy?

Last edited:

gewecke

Banned
Yep,still got a copy of S9 around here somewhere! Great target for throwing darts at! :lol:
n9zas

mike_gain

Hey, S9 was the magazine that turned into "Popular Communications" by the late Tom Knitel. The very last issues of S9 were almost PopComm like. They covered SWL, scanners, Ham amoungst the CB stuff. Those magazines are quite old. Popcomm made its debute in Sept.82. I've got a few copies of S9. I'm keeping them with my popcomm collection.

JayMojave

Hello Road Ranger:

From the videos on that Alfa 10 Max Radio, that looks like a *****en Radio. Wonder how it is modified to the CB Band? Many of the 10 Meter Radios, and Amateur HF Radios are easily modified to the CB band. I am sure that the radio manufacture markinting plan is that way to sell more radios.

CBTricks.com and CB radiomagazine.com has some of the older neat-O CB Magazines. And many product reviews done on a U-Tube Video.

U-Tube Videos are great to watch about raising antennas and such.

Jay in the Great Mojave Desert, we gots all kinds of airplanes flying around out here, non of them on 38 LSB tho!

kb2vxa

Banned
"Hey, S9 was the magazine that turned into "Popular Communications" by the late Tom Knitel."

Yeah, I remember how A**inine turned into PopCorn long before the name change. I came to hate Tomcat (one of the worst black eyes ham radio ever had) bad enough early on but when he expanded his illegal activities endorsement horizons using PopCorn as his tool it turned purple. He may be SK but his legacy remains... GGGRRR!!!

"Wonder how it is modified to the CB Band?"

If I tell you I'll have to kill you.

"I am sure that the radio manufacture marketing plan is that way to sell more radios."

No sugar Squarelocks! When I stop cracking up and pick myself off the floor I'll comment on the You Tube videos and the tumbling acrobats attempting to raise antennas. That may take time, after watching those daring young men on the flying trapeze fall to the ground breaking their knees I'll be rolling for quite a while.

Jay, you have planes but do you see any black helicopters? (;->)

JayMojave

Hello Warren:
I am sure there is a U-Tube Video or procedure out there on the net some were to Mod the Alfa 10 Max Radio, so you won't have to kill me.

"Black Helicopters" No not seeing any thing like that, but everything at night is black?!?!?

About a short few hours drive from here is the intersection of Serria HWY and Ave N. This is loacted at the end of the Palmdale Airport, and many gather there to watch all the airplanes.

I like to watch at Fox Field Airport in Lancaster. They have a Restaruant so you can have lunch and watch all the airplanes take off and land. Its really busy during a local wild fire as the Forest Dept Airplanes come and go a lot.

Jay in the Mojave

roadranger

Thanks...

...for all the unrelated posts. I saw th Alpha 10 mini on YouTube today. Looks like a Ham Radio. The band switch was explained, finally. Cute rig.

kb2vxa

Banned
A couple of days ago I saw (I won't say where) a series of photos of that radio, all well and good until I got to the last one. There in all its glory in big day-glow numbers on the display was 27.305 MHz, yeah, cute rig.

Now please answer the question; what makes a rig "cute"? Is it the FACEplate, is it those stubby little legs or is it the... knobs?

Status
Not open for further replies.