• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Alias IDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

beerad4

Hello!
Has anyone figured out how to set the alias’s with the frequency ID? I think I found where to do it, but can’t get it to work-

thanks!

N6ML

Yes, it works for me. Just add entries on tab D5 under "Member List Setting"

N6ML

Actually I just reread your question - I may have assumed you meant something else. What do you mean by "alias's with the frequency ID"?

beerad4

I was under the impression that with this new update we could name for instance a particular vehicle number (example Medic 1) with its mobile radio MARCS ID number.
I probably misread the update-

N6ML

OK, so radio (or subscriber) ID, not frequency ID :) That's what I assumed you meant. See my earlier answer.

beerad4

N6ML-
Ok..so just for clarification on my part-
So in my example, if Medic 1 has a mobile radio MARCS ID of 2990045, am I able to label that number as Medic 1 so that when the unit transmits it comes up as Medic 1 on the display?
Hope I explained it correctly. Thanks for your patience. Kinda new at this-

N6ML

So in my example, if Medic 1 has a mobile radio MARCS ID of 2990045, am I able to label that number as Medic 1 so that when the unit transmits it comes up as Medic 1 on the display?

Yes. I haven't tried it on MARCS, but I don't see any reason for it to not work. You should just need to add an entry to the Member List Setting with "Medic 1" for the Call Alias and 2990045 in the P25T column,

radio3353

Where does one find the radio or subscriber ID? This is what I get on my G4 screen when a call is received. Obviously, the alpha-numeric character shown will not go in the P25T Column in D5. Thanks.

kikito

Premium Subscriber
Where does one find the radio or subscriber ID? This is what I get on my G4 screen when a call is received. Obviously, the alpha-numeric character shown will not go in the P25T Column in D5. Thanks.

View attachment 89868
The far right tab at the top of D5, called 'Member List Setting' is where you would enter an Alias for the alphanumeric hex radio ID shown of 429D80.

radio3353

The far right tab at the top of D5, called 'Member List Setting' is where you would enter an Alias for the alphanumeric hex radio ID shown of 429D80.

I know, but this is what I get when I enter 42D52A1 (not 429D80 which was just what was showing when I took the pic) as HEX. It does not work. Does that look correct to you? Thanks.

N6ML

I know, but this is what I get when I enter 42D52A1 (not 429D80 which was just what was showing when I took the pic) as HEX. It does not work.

That's too many digits - subscriber IDs are 24-bits, so 6 hex digits - I think you misread your display.

kikito

Premium Subscriber
I know, but this is what I get when I enter 42D52A1 (not 429D80 which was just what was showing when I took the pic) as HEX. It does not work. Does that look correct to you? Thanks.
View attachment 89878

I just tried it and got the same result as you. Maybe because Hex IDs shouldn't exceed more than 6 digits? The 429D80 works but not the 42D52A1.

radio3353

Thank you both for your help. As soon as dispatch transmits again I will double check the ID. Hopefully it will be 6 digits and the problem is me. :oops:

Edit: Working as expected now! I mistook the last bracket sign as a 1. Thanks again for your help. And, thanks Unication. This is a nice feature.

Last edited:

jpb

Premium Subscriber
Great feature... soon. I have a lot of aliases to enter. This desperately needs a CSV import feature. @Uni1 , if you folks could allow us to export talkgroups, group IDs, etc., to CSV, let us sort them and reimport them (making sure existing entries remain linked to relational tables), it would be amazing. Anytone's AT-D878UV software nailed the concept.

lsh1885

I have used it since the update and it works good. I just wish there was a database for subscriber ids somewhere it would be easier than reading them off the pager. Wiki has a database but it is very limited. I am looking forward to TG delay when Unication come out with that.

radio3353

I have used it since the update and it works good. I just wish there was a database for subscriber ids somewhere it would be easier than reading them off the pager. Wiki has a database but it is very limited. I am looking forward to TG delay when Unication come out with that.

A database of every radio in use? How would that even be possible?

lsh1885

Well I would not say every radio but I am thinking more than 5 or 6 which is what Wiki had but your right it would be impossible for every radio in use.

I have 304 programmed into the pager I suppose that's enough!

Last edited:

kikito

Premium Subscriber
Well I would not say every radio but I am thinking more than 5 or 6 which is what Wiki had but your right it would be impossible for every radio in use.
I wouldn’t push that “issue” on today’s climate. That would be another EXCUSE for the powers that be to justify more of our tax money to go to encryption and other obfuscation. But I digress...

Status
Not open for further replies.