Aliens?

Do you Believe in Aliens?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

scanjunkie

Premium Subscriber
Whether or not there are actually aliens visiting our planet, I'm not so sure, but I think we would be pretty naive to think that we are the only life forms living in this vast universe.

Dubbin

Premium Subscriber
scanjunkie said:
Whether or not there are actually aliens visiting our planet, I'm not so sure, but I think we would be pretty naive to think that we are the only life forms living in this vast universe.
Thats the correct answer!!!

nova1010

All I have to say is what a waste of space if we are the only ones out here,put it this way,billions of galaxcies wich hold billions of solar systems...gotta be at least 1 or 2,so I guess the asnwer is yes I do think there some form of different life forms out there, weather it being intelligent or non intelligent....ps don't forget you tin foil hat lol.:)

swest90

We need a 5150/foil hat section here... Aliens, Ghosts, the NSA is monitoring us ALL!! wow...

Southtown800

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
ReceiverBeaver said:
I would like Southtown to define "aliens" for the group and this thread. Who or what all is included? Any intelligent super-earth (greater than or more than or from other than) personality?

For instance, is Jesus an alien? Angels?

Yes I believe there are other living intelligent energy systems whose origin is not of this planet. Many of them.

Theories, stories, comments?

The Urantia Book

http://www.urantia.org

i would define it as,

other life forms besides us in the universe, someone out there besides us who lives it's own life, something along those lines.....

MacombMonitor

rpowley said:
I would hate to think we are the most intelligent life form in the entire universe ;)
More like we were an abandoned experiment gone bad, from a more advanced civilization! :wink:

rayveedub

there has to be aliens...think logically. space as far as we know is infinite (there is no real way to prove this theorybut it is the most popular belief). call the chance of life existing here or anywhere else a anomoly equal to a numerical value....we'll call it 1 for this. then call the circumstances needed to sustain life or create life a number like 2. now you need a way to make this formula equal 42. now if you had 3 or 4 ways to make the string equal 42 (being the value that says life exist) it would be impossible. but if you had infinite ways, you can make the formula work infinately. if this only makes sense to me im sorry. but know this, math is never wrong.

N

N_Jay

rayveedub said:
there has to be aliens...think logically. space as far as we know is infinite (there is no real way to prove this theorybut it is the most popular belief). call the chance of life existing here or anywhere else a anomoly equal to a numerical value....we'll call it 1 for this. then call the circumstances needed to sustain life or create life a number like 2. now you need a way to make this formula equal 42. now if you had 3 or 4 ways to make the string equal 42 (being the value that says life exist) it would be impossible. but if you had infinite ways, you can make the formula work infinately. if this only makes sense to me im sorry. but know this, math is never wrong.

Space may be infinite, but the universe is not and as far as we know there is only one universe (but there is also no way for use to know if there is or is not another.

ReceiverBeaver

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Back to "aliens". I think the term "alien" is deragatory.

Say that all creatures everywhere were created (plus) evolved (in some cases), by a single creatOR. All creatures everywhere are the "children" of the creator. So that makes us all essentially brother and sister to each other (to include gender differences where appropriate).

I would not occur to me to refer to a fellow child of the universal creator as an alien.

Of course there are aliens... Special Agent Mulder says so!

Status
Not open for further replies.