Alinco 6M for $124 brand new?

Status
Not open for further replies.

popnokick

Premium Subscriber
Huh?... when I click I get an Alinco DR-135LH on Amazon covering 40-45mHz. If you're seeing a 2M DR-135 for $124 what are you looking at as a price? The link you copied in your post is NOT Amazon but rather an Alinco page. I think the one I posted may be Alinco product intended for sale outside the US for VHF low band and not described on the Alinco site. Hence my question: Will it do 6M?

k6cpo

The linked advertisement is for an Alinco DR-135. That's a 2m radio, not 6m.

DR-135T/EMKIII Detail information

The OP referenced the Alinco DR-135LH. In the Alinco manual I have, that radio is listed as 40-45mHz.

There is no 40-45mHz amateur band in the United States. That portion of the spectrum is allocated to fixed and mobile service and also portions are used by the land mobile radio service.

Last edited:

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
OK, I'll buy that that's an Alinco DR-135LH. I'll also buy that the frequency range is somewhere in the area of the 6m amateur band. One Russian site I found says the range is 40-59 MHz however the manual available here says 40-45 MHz.

I saw DR-135 and assumed it was the DR-135T that Alinco markets in the U.S which is a 2m-only radio. I do not believe that the radio offered on Amazon is a U.S.-spec radio. The Alinco 6m radio that looks like the listed radio is the DR-06T.

k6cpo

OK, I'll buy that that's an Alinco DR-135LH. I'll also buy that the frequency range is somewhere in the area of the 6m amateur band. One Russian site I found says the range is 40-59 MHz however the manual available here says 40-45 MHz.

I saw DR-135 and assumed it was the DR-135T that Alinco markets in the U.S which is a 2m-only radio. I do not believe that the radio offered on Amazon is a U.S.-spec radio. The Alinco 6m radio that looks like the listed radio is the DR-06T.

Yes. I have a DR-06T. It's not a bad radio but is a bit of a pain to program.

Status
Not open for further replies.