Alinco DJ-G7, Help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka6irt

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

I just purchased my first Alinco with the desire to have 1.2 gig in an HT. I downloaded the free
software and proceeded to fill it up with ham radio frequencies and some public service
frequencies.

The programming software is worth what I paid for it (see above). The radio is not behaving as
expected. Loading the frequencies is the easy part. The many other settings are not intuitive
and a help file is not included with the software.

I'm wondering if someone can send me a copy of their file (doesn't need to be of the San Francisco
Bay Area where I'm located). What I'm looking for is an example of a well crafted file that I can use
as an example for mine.

I think I'm going to like this radio when I get everything set just right.

Thanks in advance for your help & 73,

Bob Gallagher, KA6IRT, WQDK360
Colorado.Gallagher@comcast.net <------ current e-mail

Last edited:

N8IAA

How is the radio not behaving as expected? Transmit and receive on the ham bands? Receive on the public service bands?
Larry

ka6irt

Premium Subscriber
Alinco DJ-G7

Hello,

The problem, at a high level, is not with the "memory" tab in the software. It's with the following
three tabs: "bank", "common set", and "set mode." For example, I have absolutely no idea what
the "bank" tab is supposed to do. The next two tabs have many, many settings and I would like
to see a successful programming file to know how other hams have approached these settings.

Bob Gallagher, KA6IRT, WQDK360
Colorado.Gallagher@comcast.net

ka6irt

Premium Subscriber
Hello Again!

errr, nobody has a sample file to send my way? Just thought I would ask again before
giving up.

bvankl

Premium Subscriber
I have not used the software; but, programming the radio by hand is actually easy once you work with it for a while. I purchased the radio for 1.2 and now use it as my primary radio (leaving a Kenwood D7 collecting dust).

Status
Not open for further replies.