Alinco DJ G7

Status
Not open for further replies.

ac9f

Premium Subscriber
Anyone know of a replacement belt clip for the Alinco DJ G7 HT? It comes with the belt strap. This is a good idea, but I need a belt clip.

N8IAA

Anyone know of a replacement belt clip for the Alinco DJ G7 HT? It comes with the belt strap. This is a good idea, but I need a belt clip.

That has to be one of the craziest things Alinco ever designed for a radio:>P
Larry

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I would think that alinco offers a case for it? Try googling porta-clip they might have something that will work as well.
n9zas

Keith111155

Premium Subscriber
Belt Srap

I have not found a belt clip yet. It really annoys me wearing the belt strap and have it swinging all the time. It is also a pain to get off.
Keith
KC9YUJ

lamarrsy

Premium Subscriber
Hi,

Order the belt clip that goes on a Yaesu VX-7R (or FT-270 it's the same) it think it's part number "clip-14" (by memory, i can be wrong).
You'll find that the part that goes on a Yaesu radio fits the DJ-G7 almost perfectly (just need a little bit of shim with a washer or something similar). The screw is even the right diameter!

You'll discover a whole new DJ-G7 radio with that :)

73 ! De Sylvain, VE2LAM

jhooten

When asked that question one of the booth guys said it was because of complaints about clips letting go and the radios falling to the ground/getting lost by active users. Snap the strap on your belt and use a speaker mic. The strap is adjustable and if you cinch it down the radio does not flap around anymore than it does on a belt clip.

I happen to like the strap. It is useful for more than just a belt.

Status
Not open for further replies.