Alinco: Alinco DJ-MD5TGP and direct SMS over simplex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaleier1

Yes, practical lesson learned :)

However, there is something else going on. If I wait for the screen to turn off (15s) and then another about a minute then the receiver stops receiving messages. If I wake it up with a short PTT push from the sender (just to open the squelch) then it starts receiving again. The power saving ratio is 1:1 - I may experiment with that and also look for some sleeping settings in the software.
I am glad that I got at least a few of them through - now the troubleshooting starts ....

I came across this post while searching for some info. I don't know if you resolved it but will post the solution in case anyone else has the issue. Turn off the power save option.

From the Alinco DJ-MD5 users manual -

20. Power Save

Turn on to active the power save function, to prolong the battery life.

Save 1:1, work 30ms, dormant 30ms.

Save 2:1, work 60ms, dormant 30ms

When turn on the power save, it may not receive the message in time

bozata

I came across this post while searching for some info. I don't know if you resolved it but will post the solution in case anyone else has the issue. Turn off the power save option.

From the Alinco DJ-MD5 users manual -

20. Power Save

Turn on to active the power save function, to prolong the battery life.

Save 1:1, work 30ms, dormant 30ms.

Save 2:1, work 60ms, dormant 30ms

When turn on the power save, it may not receive the message in time

Thank you! I will try it. The way the manual is written it sounds like the message would just be delayed. In reality, it is not received at all.

Kaleier1

Hey that's good to hear and thank you for coming back and telling is what the fix was. I have received help on these forums so am glad I could help someone else. Just wish I would had come across this thread sooner.

The last sentence of my post was directly from the manual, although it sounds kind of like a translation. I think it is trying to say:

When (you) turn on the power save, it may not receive the message in time.

The interesting thing is that when I first came across that in the manual I kind of skimmed it and thought it said 30s (seconds) so didn't want to use it and when I saw your post saying you were using 1:1 I figured that was the problem, When I went to find it to post here, I saw that it was 30ms and thought that probably wouldn't make a difference buy since you mentioned you were using 1:1 power save I thought I would post it as I couldn't think what else it could be.

Status
Not open for further replies.