Alinco: Alinco DJ-MD5XLT DMR HT, anyone here own or ued one? Thinking on getting one this year at Dayton.

N4VKF

Premium Subscriber
hey all. Just wondering, i`m thinking on snagging an Alinco DJ-MD5XLT DMR HT this year at Dayton and i`m just wondering if anyone on her owns one, or has used one and what you think. Is it a worth it radio? One of my friends from the southern part of this state mentioned something about that handheld unit "dosen`t work well on the system", not sure what he might have been referring to, so i`m asking here. I like what i`ve seen with that unit on the HRO website, it looks like a nice radio, but i`m still wondering about it after chatting with my ham friend about it. Things i like about it, one, the display, which is WAY easier to ee for me as i have a mild sight issue (legally blind but functionally sighted), and two, i can use RT Systems software to program it, which will be less of a pain than using the "house" meaning Alinco`s own software, for programming. So with that said, any thoughts? Sorry i`ve not been around lately, we had a major remodel of the apartment building i live in, so things were a bit messy, now finally in my new place in the building :). Thanx for any help and thoughts! 73 DE N9NRA
It's becoming my new favorite DMR ht.