Alinco DJ-X11 help

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD9KSO

I bought an Alinco DJ-X11 receiver earlier in the week. Overall, I like the radio, but it has a few strange quirks.

Someone please tell me if I'm missing something in the manual on these points:

You can't skip over a frequency programmed into a normal memory channel, it must be programmed to the Skipped Frequency bank?

The attenuator and gain control is global in application. I can't use either function on an individual channel?

I don't seem to be able get the bank link function working. I can get all or one bank to scan, but not a set of banks I have chosen to scan. I've been over this in the manual more than a dozen times and though I seem to be able to get the link set up, it still won't scan two banls of my choosing. I'm wondering if I have left out a final key press or enter function.

If anyone has more than a weeks worth of experience with this radio and knows what I'm not doing I'd like to hear from you.

I really do like the radio. It's a lot of bang for the buck.

KD9KSO

Bank link is working fine now, the skip feature does indeed work without having to enter the frequencis into a skip bank, and the attenuator and RF gain is global.

If you have alpha tagged all of your frequencies, it's best to leave just the frequencies displayed while you are operating the radio, then change back to the alpha or alpha/numeric display.

While the alpha tagging is displayed it covers important operating information that lets you know what you are doing while operating the radio. Without this info you are operating it in the blind.

Status
Not open for further replies.