Alinco DJ-X11 questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustLou

I picked up an Alinco DJ-X11 on a whim. I like it. It works well with a better antenna, and the manual is well written. I was just wondering if it's worth paying $50 for the programming cable, and if anyone has any settings that I should change from default or other tips.

Last edited:

tumegpc

Premium Subscriber
I picked up an Alinco DJ-X11 on a whim. I like it. It works well with a better antenna, and the manual is well written. I was just wondering if it's worth paying $50 for the programming cable, and if anyone has any settings that I should change from default or other tips.

I like the DJ-X11 too. I you are going buy a programming cable there are two versions, the ERW-7 is for programming only and the ERW-8 which will do programming and control. I would get the ERW-8, the cost is only a few dollars more.

I don't know if you bought it new or used but there are a couple accessories that are worth getting.
The EDH-36 AA battery case and the EDC-174 drop in charger.

JustLou

I bought it new and it came with the AA pack and drop charger. If I buy the cable I would go with the 8. Still debating.

JustLou

I just lucked out. I have one of those cheap programming cable kits from China that has about 10 different adapter cables for different radios. One of them works fine in emulating the ERW-7 cable. :)

Edit: The cable sorta works. It works fine for reading, but has errors writing. But, if I use "One Memory Write" at a time, that works. It's still easier than programming by hand.

Last edited:

MrRvG

Question Alinco

Hi there, question about the DJ-X11. Is there a posebility that the receiver can recognize a double freq?Like the ubc 3000xlt wich beers when an freq is entered twice.
Tnx.

Status
Not open for further replies.