Alinco DJ-X3

Status
Not open for further replies.

tedg

I recently purchased a Alinco DJ-X3 portable receiver and I am having difficulty programing it. Any help I might get would be great. Thank You

tedg

Alinco DJ-X

This is your idea of an answer , Thank You Mr. White

Bill_White

Sometimes it helps when you can see how the memory is configured so when you read the manual, page 23, you have a better understanding…
BTW, welcome to RadioReference.com
Have a great day.

Rover

I know there is a Alinco DJ-X3 Yahoo group. Just search yahoo groups for the DJ-X3 or Alinco. Sorry I don't have the adress handy. I have a X3 but haven't used it too much except for broadast. I think the folks on the group could answer any questions...Take Care + 73

Rover

Last edited:

tedg

While scanning the 800 and 900 MHz frequencies the scanner would pick up a signal and the signal meter would be maxed out but I was not able to any voice. Could someone tell me why? Thank You

Bill_White

While scanning the 800 and 900 MHz frequencies the scanner would pick up a signal and the signal meter would be maxed out but I was not able to any voice. Could someone tell me why? Thank You

A possible birdie, which is a signal generated by the scanner/receiver. If you remove the antenna and the signal is still detected, you found a birdie. Search for a review of the DJ-X3. Some people search for and list known birdies in their review. Just program them into the lockout/skip bank and forget them.

N8IAA

Trunked systems, spreadspectrum phones, any number of reasons.
Larry

N8IAA

A possible birdie, which is a signal generated by the scanner/receiver. If you remove the antenna and the signal is still detected, you found a birdie. Search for a review of the DJ-X3. Some people search for and list known birdies in their review. Just program them into the lockout/skip bank and forget them.

Bill, the X3 isn't really a scanner, but a communications receiver. Doesn't have banks in the typical sense of a scanner.
Larry

Bill_White

Bill, the X3 isn't really a scanner, but a communications receiver. Doesn't have banks in the typical sense of a scanner.
Larry

Yes, I am well aware that the DJ-X3 is a communications receiver. I referred to it as a “scanner/receiver”. As a new person, with 3 posts, might cal it. I’d simply call it a receiver.

The DJ-X3 is not new and does not have dynamic memory. It has banks similar to scanners of not too long ago…
The bottom of page 22 in the manual reads.

Types of Memory
Memory channel ···A channel which is called up in Memory mode. The DJ-X3 has 700 Memory bank channels. (70 channels 10 banks) You can easily call up a frequently used frequency.
Program scan channel···A channel which is used for Program scan. You can program 20 pairs of frequency ranges. (upper and lower limits)
Priority channel ···A channel which is used for Priority monitoring functions. You can program up to 8 channels.
Search-pass memory channel ········If you program a frequency you do not want to use, it will be skipped when executing VFO scan and Program scan. You can program up to 100 "Skip" channels.

tedg

I have picked up police on the 800MHz band. I mainly just scan the entire 800 and 900MHz band to see what I can pick up. The DJ-X3 is quite tricky for me to program. Are you in Perth NY just outside of Ansterdam?

N8IAA

Really hate to post on a year old thread, but, if you are listening to VHF and UHF police; and they are digital P-25. No. You can't . You will need a digital scanner capable of P-25 decoding. If they are conventional, yes.
Larry

Leepowerhouse

Hi

I recently purchased a Alinco DJ-X3 portable receiver and I am having difficulty programing it. Any help I might get would be great. Thank You

Hi I am lee I come from norwich uk I have the ALINCO DJ X3 get the freq up then hit func on the side and f will come on the screen then get what ch number u want by turning the nob at the top the hit v/p/m mw and the freq will go into the radio then hit v/p/m and you will see the freq you put in send me a e-mail to leethurston70@ntlworld.com to tell me if that work thans from lee in norwich uk.

Status
Not open for further replies.