Alinco: Alinco DM-330MV Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

bearcatrp

Premium Subscriber
Bought this about 15 months ago to hook up radios in the house. Did my research before purchasing and don't think I read a bad review. Just died on me. Anyone have this power supply that had similar issues? Always indoors, always unplugged when not in use. Disappointed it died this early with light use.

mrweather

My DM-330MV has been more or less operating continuously for 15 years without a hiccup. Did you check the obvious like the fuse on the back?

bearcatrp

Premium Subscriber
Yes. Fuse is good. Tried different wall plug in. Worked a couple days ago. I emailed Alinco for there ideas before sending it in. Being out of the 1 year warranty and 75 bucks per hour they charge to fix, am hoping there is some kind of reset to try.

kb9hgi

Feed Provider
I have had mine over 15 years runs most of the time 24/7 only thing I have done was replace the fan

bearcatrp

Premium Subscriber
Got a reply. Was told to look at Q1/Q2 transistors. Sent me a copy of the service manual. Will these look burnt? I don’t know anything about this.

bearcatrp

Premium Subscriber
Not sure I want to pay to get it fixed and hope it holds out or buy a new power supply and chuck this one. Am disappointed in this Alinco power supply. Would have thought they would build them better than some of the stuff I looked at before getting this one.

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
As others have said there Alincos have worked for years. My 2 have as well. 1 going on 20 years 24/7/52/365.

bearcatrp

Premium Subscriber
What gets me is I never transmitted, just listened. Am looking for someone close who can take a look at it and go from there. Am researching other power supplies.

bearcatrp

Premium Subscriber
Replacement will have to wait. Want to get a couple batteries and battery charger for the 705. My Yaesu I use for air band will have to sit for awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.