Alinco DR-135MK2 programming with CHIRP

Status
Not open for further replies.

yo4tnv

hi there people !

I have an Alinco DR-135mk2 bought 2 months ago from local ham flea market, just after I`ve got my ham radio licence, i haven`t used it much, because of lack of time, no proper high placed antenna and no proper power source for it.
The issue I deal now with is how to interface it with the computer. I figure that the back-side db9 serial connector is for TNC operations only, and as far as I read some info, the programming access is only on the upper left front 3.5mm stereo jack designed for GPS data receiving also. I tried to adapt an USB (FTDI or Prolific) cable and wire it to an stereo plug but something is definetely wrong, CHIRP doesn`t read anything from radio (chirp.danplanet.com). Can someone put me back on track and show me the right way ? I also found that schematic http://www.qsl.net/y/yo4tnv//Transceivers/Alinco DR-135/interface.jpg that i uploaded onto my qsl page and makes me think that serial port works only on 2 wires.
Where am I wrong ?

Thank you

Victor
YO4TNV

yo4tnv

Finally, success !
Using an USB Prolific chipset programming cable with K(enwood) dual jack connector from Baofeng UV5R
http://www.uv3r.com/images/Kenwood_Cable.jpg
, i hooked up an 3.5 stereo jack to it like this : ground from 2.5K jack to 3.5 Alinco jack and middle pin from 2.5K jack to ground of 3.5K jack together to middle 3.5 alinco jack, practically rx+tx together to alinco rx. Simple as that with no aditional circuitry needed. I launched CHIRP on com6 - read and writes the Alinco DR-135mk2 channel memory, BUT NO ACCESS to specific model settings.

Thank you
73!
Victor

Last edited:

hamtech

Premium Subscriber
Victor, I too am using CHIRP and trying to read my Alinco DR-06T with no success. Does the cable connect to the Data jack in front or the Speaker jack in the back?
Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.