Alinco: Alinco DR-MD520T & OpenSpot 4

N7WHY

Premium Subscriber
I’m new to DMR. I really don’t know anything about it except for what I’ve read and the video’s that I’ve watched. Not too many people here in Wyoming that use DMR, so I don’t have anyone that I know to ask for help. Been trying to get my Alinco 520T and OpenSpot 4 to communicate with the Parrot talkgroup. Some places on the internet show the talkgroup as 9990, and others as 9999. I’ve tried it both ways. Also changed slot from 1 to 2, and talkgroup from Private to Group Call. I’ve searched on the internet, but couldn’t find much on it that provided any help. Saw a few old post here, but from what I’ve read, no results. Any suggestions. N7WHY856476AE-2FE9-48E7-9CE5-DC6A4ECD5E97.jpeg

hill

Premium Subscriber
Don't know how it works on a hotspot, since we have many repeaters here. I have that talkgroup 9998 and slot 2.

Also see you have the channel set as repeater mode.

N7WHY

Premium Subscriber
Don't know how it works on a hotspot, since we have many repeaters here. I have that talkgroup 9998 and slot 2.

Also see you have the channel set as repeater mode.

Tried changing it to 9998, and slot 2. Still nothing. The OpenSpot had to be set up as a repeater. I can talk on World 92 and other Talkgroups, but just can’t get Parrot to talk back to me.

N7WHY

Premium Subscriber
What network will you be accessing, Brandmeister or TGIF? Have you properly configured the hotspot for that network?

Brandmeister! Yes, I don’t have any problem talking on other talkgroups. The network for the hotspot works great. It’s just Parrot that I’m having a problem with.

freqhopping

9990 is the TG. I can hear myself on the hoseline but it doesn't come back to my radio. Something must be messed on with the server.

N7WHY

Premium Subscriber
If you're doing fine on other talkgroups, don't worry about the parrot. It is regularly broken.

Thanks! I’ve been trying it on 2 different radios, so sometimes I kinda get things mixed up. I could never get it to work on the Alinco 520T.

My handheld is a BTech 6x2. Every time I’ve programmed it I just left the programming cable attached to the radio. Today I figured out that when the programming cable is attached you get no sound, so I’ll probably be trying it again, this time with the cable unplugged when I’m trying to talk on Parrot.

DMR is tough to figure out. Maybe one of these days it will all come together! I appreciate everyone’s help!!!!