all band filters??

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommyscan

Premium Subscriber
I was wondering,since not knowing that much about notch filters,if there is an all band one? It seems it only targets specific frequency ranges!! Air/vhf/uhf is what I see listed. Are there 800/ low band ones?? Or entire band pass filters? They seem VERY pricy and if you wanted to reduce rf in 2 band areas you would need to shell out about 160.00??? Can anyone shed some light?

KC0QNB

Low pass High pass, band pass band stop (notch), you could use a attenuator.
So what is your issue? be specific please.
Then maybe we can help ;)
And yes they are pricey, of course there is plan "B" use a deafer antenna.

tommyscan

Premium Subscriber
My issue seems to be that when doing band searches,i get alot of interfernce with the scanner stopping on noise and static frequencies. So after reading several posts about cell phone towers and etc, causing this, a filter seemed a good choice to try and hear what I have been missing!!!!!!!!!!

KC0QNB

My issue seems to be that when doing band searches,i get alot of interfernce with the scanner stopping on noise and static frequencies. So after reading several posts about cell phone towers and etc, causing this, a filter seemed a good choice to try and hear what I have been missing!!!!!!!!!!
It also could be birdies, signals internally generated by the scanner itself no filter will help you there, also computers and monitors generate their own rf.
Some scanners in the past had a system that would skip those kind of annoyances, but I don't know if they still are available I would assume so.
You could try searching and when you find a birdie in a band segment use do a search below that particular frequency for the top end, or do the opposite and start your search above that frequency, just an idea.

kd7rto

Sounds like what happens when I put my BC796D on a rooftop antenna. An Optoelectronics APS-104 was no help. This just goes to show that there in no one "magic" receiver which does everything. Pro-2006's are going for ridiculously low prices on ebay, you might consider snagging one of those and using it for your conventional listening.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.