All duluth people

Status
Not open for further replies.

duchee

i live duluth. please post the frequencys that you use. for business,hospitals,lifeflight, etc thank you!

Last edited:

box23

Welcome to RadioReference. I live over in Wisconsin a ways and listen to the Twin Ports quite a bit. Most all the frequencies I listen to are in the database. You can find these by going to the top of the page and clicking on the database tab. When the map shows up click on Minnesota, then St Louis County. Carlton County also has interesting traffic.

Be sure of course to check out Douglas County in Wisconsin and the City of Superior. Depending on where you live in Duluth and what antennas you are using, you may also be able to hear Bayfield and Ashland Counties, too.

I have found frequencies for Lake County, MN but I haven't been able to get them submitted to the database yet. Also, as you brought up in the other thread I haven't been able to find what frequencies Life Link 5 and 6 are dispatched on.

One more thing, do you have a digital scanner? If so, you can listen to ARMER, the state trunking system. If possible I also have a frequency for you to check out that I haven't been able to hear when I am in town very often.

duchee

i currently dont have a digital one. i kinda stuck staying with analog. i use it for police and a bunch of other utilities. for my citizen patrol duties. i have frequencies from business to DTA fricken everything almost. just trying to find new ones haha

mmtstc

Ø
Premium Subscriber
i was listening to digital up there when i was up 3 weeks ago, and a bunch of other stuff... what freq did you need verified?

box23

460.775 It is licensed to SMDC. Before I got my digital scanner, I heard digital noise on it. Now that I have my scanner there hasn't been any activity on the frequency when I'm in town.

mmtstc

Ø
Premium Subscriber
the frequency is only licensed as an analog frequency according to its FCC entry, so I suspect you heard paging as it sounds a lot like a conventional digital frequency... or else data transmission such as telemetry monitors if you were really close to the hospital or remote site reporting.

box23

I realize it is only licensed as analog, but that doesn't mean it's not possible they could be using digital, just that they shouldn't be. I really can't tell you if it was P25 or not, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't paging because there wasn't any tones or other noises that I usually hear with a paging transmitter. It's also licensed for repeater operation so I wouldn't think it would be paging, and with only analog voice I doubt it would be for telemetry, but like I said anything is possible.

In the ER some of the nurses talk to dispatch on portables, so I was thinking that maybe this might be the frequency they use. When I've dropped off patients I've only heard them talking a few times, so that goes along with the frequency not being very busy. The nurses use an ear phone so I couldn't tell you if it was digital or analog. I also haven't been able to identify the radios, either.

I know the chance that this is the frequency is pretty remote, and it's probably encrypted if it happens to be the one. But there are still those that think scanners can't listen to digital, so maybe it would be in the clear.

I'd like to identify it one way or the other though. It's kinda bugging me.

Thanks for the help.

mmtstc

Ø
Premium Subscriber
that is an analog frequency they were using when SMDC LifeFlight still existed... A Unit would call in on VHF with patient info and SMDC dispatch would take report and call it down to the ER... Now that it is gone, i have no idea if SMDC lifeflight dispatch even exists anymore... (I used to dispatch Gold Cross and St. Lukes)

box23

Yes, dispatch is still there. They dispatch everything in the hospital. Security, wheelchair people, PA announcements, ambulance reports, helicopter reports, helipad coordination on both VHF and air band, relaying from helicopters to their own dispatch, building alarms, medical alarms, ER coordination, it all goes through dispatch.

mmtstc

Ø
Premium Subscriber
good to know... i was always impressed when ever i dealt with them... they were very professional and made transferring patients very easy for us...

Status
Not open for further replies.