BCD436HP/BCD536HP: All favorites are not transferring to scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

robtnort

Using Sentinel, when I "write to scanner", not all of the favorites from my favorites list are transferring. I have had this scanner for about two months. In the beginning it was working fine. What have I done?!

mc48

Premium Subscriber
Go to edit profile and select which you want to download or right click on the favorite and the drop down list also shows the download and monitor options.

drdispatch

What's the frequency, Kenneth?
Premium Subscriber
In Sentinel, click on "Edit Profile" (4th icon, top row). In the window that opens, click on the tab marked "Scan Selection" (it may already be open). You will see your Favorites Lists. The lists you want loaded in the scanner should be "On" in the "Download" column. If you want them to load when you power up the scanner, they should also be "On" in the "Monitor" column.

Next, select the tab labeled "Quick Keys Status". If you want the lists to scan when you power up, the box number corresponding to the FL's QK must be checked.

Close the small window, and click the "Save" icon (3rd icon, top row), then Write to Scanner.

robtnort

In Sentinel, click on "Edit Profile" (4th icon, top row). In the window that opens, click on the tab marked "Scan Selection" (it may already be open). You will see your Favorites Lists. The lists you want loaded in the scanner should be "On" in the "Download" column. If you want them to load when you power up the scanner, they should also be "On" in the "Monitor" column.

Next, select the tab labeled "Quick Keys Status". If you want the lists to scan when you power up, the box number corresponding to the FL's QK must be checked.

Close the small window, and click the "Save" icon (3rd icon, top row), then Write to Scanner.

Thanks for the detailed info but I already had all the favorites turned "On" in the "Download" column. It is certain channels/frequencies within a group of favorites that will not transfer. They appear in my favorites list on Sentinel, but do not appear on the scanner.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Check the box to erase all favorites when you write to the scanner. Sounds like you have multiple versions conflicting with each other.

tvengr

Well Known Member
In the favorites lists that are not transferring, make a list of the service types for the channels and talkgroups. Go to the Profile Editor and the Service Types tab. Make sure that the appropriate service types are checked to match the channels and talkgroups.

Last edited:

drdispatch

What's the frequency, Kenneth?
Premium Subscriber
In the favorites lists that are not transferring, make a list of the service types for the channels and talkgroups. Go to the Profile Editor and the Service Types tab. Make sure that the appropriate service types are checked to match the channels and talkgroups.
Service Types was going to be my next suggestion.

robtnort

I have tried all of the above suggestions and it still doesn't work. Now I have realized that the frequencies that are not transferring from my favorites list are no longer listed in the database. I guess I somehow managed to delete them. I have tried updating the database and those frequencies still do not show up.

robtnort

What are you trying to monitor? Need city, county, state, and agency. With that, we will be able to look it up.

Texas, Upshur County, County Systems. There are numerous agencies listed under "Texas Wide Area Network (TXWARN) Project 25". In the database I can see Texas Wide Area Network (TXWARN), but not Texas Wide Area Network (TXWARN) Project 25 and before I screwed things up, I could.
The highlighted agencies will not "write to scanner" but the others will.

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
Texas, Upshur County, County Systems. There are numerous agencies listed under "Texas Wide Area Network (TXWARN) Project 25". In the database I can see Texas Wide Area Network (TXWARN), but not Texas Wide Area Network (TXWARN) Project 25 and before I screwed things up, I could.
The highlighted agencies will not "write to scanner" but the others will.
View attachment 80921

I think your database is way out of date.

greggk

Premium Subscriber
Have you considered a subscription to RR? Then you have updated info transferred to sentinel for you. Greg

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Have you considered a subscription to RR? Then you have updated info transferred to sentinel for you. Greg

A premium subscription to RR is not at all necessary, the database updates from RR are updated into Sentinel every week at no additional cost.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Then why do I have a subscription?

I don't know, but it's included with Sentinel at no cost. There are many members here using the SD card database scanners without a premium subscription to RR.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
The two TXWARN systems are the same thing with slightly different names. At some point the name was changed and you made a second copy with the new name.

Also, favorite lists are not updated automatically from the database. Update your database, delete all copies of TXWARN from your favorite lists and reimport the current version from the database.

Status
Not open for further replies.