All feeds Dropping VERIZON

Status
Not open for further replies.

E5911

Premium Subscriber
I'm likely dealing with a local issue but here goes
Tried to listen to feeds in AZ and California today and into the afternoon with a 3rd party (Scanner Radio Pro) and the Broadcastify app. At home and out in town.
The feeds kept disconnecting ang attempting to re-connect, is anyone else experiencing this? No data caps on phone so no issue there, rest of the web loaded good along with Iheartradio.

thatoneiowan

Feed Provider
I'm in central Iowa and am not having this issue. I'm on Verizon Wireless and using Scanner Radio Pro. The local weather radio feed worked fine. I also tried the Story County/Ames feed, and it seems to be connected (although nothing is going on, so I'm not hearing anything). The top 3 feeds (Indianapolis, Cleveland, Des Moines) all had audio.

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
I have same problem with both of those apps as well. Also on Verizon. They work just fine when I'm on wifi but I can rarely ever get more than a few minutes out of them when on data.

AB5ID

I'm likely dealing with a local issue but here goes
Tried to listen to feeds in AZ and California today and into the afternoon with a 3rd party (Scanner Radio Pro) and the Broadcastify app. At home and out in town.
The feeds kept disconnecting ang attempting to re-connect, is anyone else experiencing this? No data caps on phone so no issue there, rest of the web loaded good along with Iheartradio.
Make sure your phone isn't putting the app to sleep. In Android make sure it is not on the optimize list of apps and the app allows background data.

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
Wouldn't explain why it works fine when connected to wifi but not when connect to Verizon.

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
Samsung Xcover pro. I checked everything I could think of but I may have missed something.

es93546

A Member Twice
Premium Subscriber
My wife is having problems with the feed being dropped. We are both on Verizon, not for the customer service, but because we live in a somewhat remote (by lower 48 states metro resident standards), rural area. Living on a paved road is not necessarily remote. I lived at a ranger station on a dirt road for nearly 4 years. No cell service matches Verizon in rural areas. Nearly all businesses compete for the metro areas since over 80% of the population lives there. Their conception of rural and remote is a bit laughable. Nearly all the corporations have pulled out of the town and county I live in, as well as the county to the south of us. Only Carl's and Subway are left in our town.

I don't get dropped on my phone, that uses Verizon, as I still carry a flip phone. Smartphones are too big for me to carry around. However, my wife has one and I will let her read this thread. She might figure something out if she does.

AB5ID

My wife is having problems with the feed being dropped. We are both on Verizon, not for the customer service, but because we live in a somewhat remote (by lower 48 states metro resident standards), rural area. Living on a paved road is not necessarily remote. I lived at a ranger station on a dirt road for nearly 4 years. No cell service matches Verizon in rural areas. Nearly all businesses compete for the metro areas since over 80% of the population lives there. Their conception of rural and remote is a bit laughable. Nearly all the corporations have pulled out of the town and county I live in, as well as the county to the south of us. Only Carl's and Subway are left in our town.

I don't get dropped on my phone, that uses Verizon, as I still carry a flip phone. Smartphones are too big for me to carry around. However, my wife has one and I will let her read this thread. She might figure something out if she does.
Which app is she using? I noticed the Broadcastify app for Android has trouble running with the screen off, but Scanner Radio by Gordon Edwards is rock solid and will even attempt automatic reconnects is the stream is lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.