All in group

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterjmag

Like Jay said what are you trying to monitor? I noticed you are from Muskogee. The new Muskogee 800 that PD and others have switched to can not be monitored by your Pro-163 because it is analog. You need a digital scanner.

911outfitters

trying to get OHP, Tulsa,Muskogee however now I'm told the people sold me the wrong scanner and I need a PRO-197 digital, so not sure what route I need to take now.

peterjmag

That is correct. You need a a Pro-197 or any other digital scanner to listen to those agencies you mentioned. If and when you get a Pro-197 let me know and I will program it for you.

michaelmikesj

Figures RS would sell him something he didn't need. What a bunch of worthless people at RS. Take it back to them and tell them your going to another store to buy your radio equipment. If it was a phone, they wouldn't have made any mistakes.

KD5WLX

A pro-163 will pick up TPD, TFD other Tulsa and surrounding agencies (Catoosa, Sand Springs, etc) that are on the OK DPS Tulsa site just fine - everything but EMSA and the SWAT team. No telling how LONG it will do so, though.

I think it's funny that the store closest to me sells the 197, but doesn't stock the 163. I walked in and told them I wanted to hear Owasso FD, Collinsville FD, Limestone VFD and Skywarn and they told me I HAD to have a $400 digital scanner. I then pulled out my 163 and showed them that I did not (Owasso FD was working a grass fire M/A with Collinsville, so there was plenty of traffic on both the 800MHz MOT system (Owasso) and the VHF Collinsville freq.

They were flabbergasted when I told them I bought the 163 at the 27th & Harvard store for $150 and wanted to know why they didn't stock it.

Then the older guy (1/2 my age, and I'm not old!) tried to tell me I'd need the 197 to hear Broken Arrow.

Clueless! but typical.

sphipps

I'd still take the PRO-163 back and invest $150 more in a digital PRO-106 or PRO-197. Then all you'll need to do is enter the OKWIN control freqs for Tulsa and Muskogee and all of the talkgroups for the OKWIN system and you'll easily hear just about everything there is to hear around Tulsa, Muskogee, and NW OK in general. OKWIN works fabulous in that region and buying a digital scanner to monitor it is a very wise choice.

With that said, I'm not sure how well you'll be able to receive Tulsa from Muskogee using the PRO-197's stock antenna. When I travel down that way on I-44 I start picking up Tulsa public services on the OKWIN system about Claremore, but that's only using a PRO-106 in the car with Radio Shack's 800mhz "rubber duckie" antenna.

Last edited:

Drkatzjr45

Senior Member - Emeritus
Premium Subscriber
I do not have a digital scanner, and can hear all fleets on the Tulsa system, as well as others

Last edited by a moderator:

Drkatzjr45

Senior Member - Emeritus
Premium Subscriber
That is correct. You need a a Pro-197 or any other digital scanner to listen to those agencies you mentioned. If and when you get a Pro-197 let me know and I will program it for you.

I do not have a digital scanner, and can hear all fleets on the Tulsa system, as well as others

I have a Pro-433 and a BC898T

peterjmag

His location says Muskogee. If he wants to hear everything he stated in Muskogee and Tulsa when he visits then the Pro-197 is what he needs. The Pro-163 will not scan P-25. I think the confusion is that he can monitor the old Muskogee site and hear smart zone traffic from Tulsa which may be true but, if he wants to hear all the traffic in his area he needs a digital scanner like the Pro-197.

Oklahoma Wireless Interoperability Network (OKWIN) Project 25 Trunking System, Varies, Oklahoma - Scanner Frequencies
New System All P25

Muskogee Site Details (Oklahoma Wireless Interoperability Network (OKWIN) Motorola)
Old Site Mostly Analog

Status
Not open for further replies.