All Inclusive Emission Type Listing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Anyone know of a complete list of emission types, especially the newer digital types?

Things like:
7K60FXD
7K60FXE
11K2F3E
11K0F3E
4K00F1E
4K00F1D
8K10F7W
8K10F1D
8K10F1E

I used to be pretty good at figuring out what was what but then the narrowband date hit so you started seeing a lot of new types reflecting the narrower bandwidth.
Then more users went with other than P25 digital modes like DMR (TRBO) and NXDN for example and yet another emission designator was now showing up.
I guess the same holds true for P25 Phase I & II and maybe X2.

I could not really find what I was looking for at the FCC site, they have info of course but do not really break it down all the way.

So I'm looking for a chart or table that maybe someone has put together that lists all emission types in use out there today including the old wideband designators.

It's easy to create reports from the FCC site for new applications, license modifications etc, and you can usually find several with emission changes indicating a switch to digital. That's where I run into trouble, I can often search and find what the designator is but never in one place.
Some I never really find but can usually get close enough to make an educated guess.
I'd like to see even the microwave designators in use today as I know some of those have changed. Especially things like STL links which are sometimes considered microwave and are now mostly digital for direct insertion into a news broadcast. Or the microwave links that link many of the new multi-site statewide or county wide simulcast system sites together.

So, does anyone know of an all inclusive list of modern day emission designators?

They used to be listed in an older and simpler format at the FCC site but I think they changed the format as newer digital modes were developed and became more common. I sure can't make sense of the new format!

Something like Mark's 'Easier to Read' manuals he parses and re-creates in a more readable fashion over the original manuals.

I've found some in the wiki here at RR but those tables or listings I've found usually only contain a couple types or only have the old designators.

Having this info in a single table or chart would come in handy when browsing license mods or new licenses as you could just look at the emission type and know if the system is worth trying to setup and monitor in a scanner or DSD or if it is an unmonitorable type emission.

I apologize in advance if such a table or chart already exists but I sure could not find what I was after from several search results.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
The only one I have seen is in the wiki Emission Designator - The RadioReference Wiki.
There are links at the bottom to the FCC and APCO pages that explain what the symbols mean.
There are too many possible symbol and bandwidth combinations to put them all one one page.

Thanks Tom!

That wiki page is one of the ones I've looked at before but it must have been years ago judging from the history versions as it did not contain hardly any info. It sure has changed since I must have looked at it last.

This one (plus the links) will get me very close. I'm sure I can find and add some of the more rare types such as used with point to point fixed microwave links.

I saved them as pdf plus word docs so I can add and build upon the info already there!

Status
Not open for further replies.