All is right with the world again

Status
Not open for further replies.

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
( this thread was inspired by the "If Someone Gave You A Blank Check For ANY Radio...." thread )

Have you ever gotten rid of a scanner, only to wish later on that you hadn't?

I have. About 4 months or so ago, I bought a BCD396XT. At the time, I owned a BC346XT, but felt I no longer needed it since the 396XT could do everything the 346XT could do, so I sold it. However, I was never really able to "get into" the 396. Not sure why, but it just never caught on with me, so about two months later I sold it.

In the meantime, I acquired various other analog scanners (psr 700, pro 107, psr 310), but I just didn't like them as well as I had liked my 346. Well, a few days ago, I came across a 346 on e-bay for a fantastic price, so since I had just got my tax refund, I decided to bid on it. Fortune smiled on me and I won.

To make a long story short, the 346 arrived in the mail today, and I have been "playing" with it all evening. Updated a few groups from my files before uploading them into the scanner. Did some searching for new frequencies in the area; forgot how sensitive this puppy is.

I know it sounds corny, but using my new (to me) 346 feels like slipping into an old but comfortable pair of sweatpants. No matter what scanners I may acquire in the future, I will not be selling my 346 again.

So, does anyone else have any stories they'd like to share? Stories of sorrow/regret? Stories of joy when you acquired a replacement?

:)

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Stories of sorrow/regret? Stories of joy when you acquired a replacement?

Do we have to limit this to scanners? I could talk about a few ex girlfriends in this context...

safetyobc

I wish I still had every scanner I sold. :(

It would've been cool to keep around the very first scanner I bought. It got me started in the hobby, the BC80XLT

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Even tho i like my Uniden 346XT i wish i had never sold my 246XT, neat little radio....

Tramagod

My first was a Radio Shack Patrolman, crystal controlled. It finally died and I replaced it with a Bearcat 210XL, one the earliest programmables.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Been there, done that.....wish I had never sold my PRO-2006. That thing
rocked on low band!!

Yep. Wish I still had a Pro 2006 and the AOR AR-8000 that I sold.
The AOR 8000 had a fragile case but was a blast to use once you got over
the firmware quirks.
Marshall KE4ZNR

Status
Not open for further replies.