All Marin County

Status
Not open for further replies.

johncoleman

Hello,
i would like to know how to just get novato fire ?? They are now doing the whole county on the same dispatch and all the fire stations block everyone except their own. How do i do the same thing. ??

THANK YOU

BlueZebra

Marin

The only way I am aware is to lock out the talk groups you don't want to hear. You will still hear the dispatch on FD Dispatch of all agencies, but you can lock out all the other fire talk groups but Novato, if you wish.

johncoleman

novato fire

Thank you, You are correct however someone told me i can do like the stations due and only hear dispatch for novato. I told him i have been selling scanners for years and know them very well and he said i was wrong that someone on here told him how to do it once and he forgot so i thought i would put a posting and see where it goes.

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
The way they do it in the stations on "Night" mode is with a Motorola MOSCAD decoder box. It takes an analog signal on a MERA talkgroup specifically for that purpose and uses it to turn all the lights and the loudspeaker for 'FD Dispatch' on. MOSCAD is I'm sure proprietary so there's no way to decode this with any computer program that I know of, and DEFINITELY not straight from the scanner. Even my local firehouse listens to all the dispatches in the county over the loudspeaker during the daytime anyway, so it's not so bad...

syncmaster9

Good Load for P96 scanner

I just got a RS P96, and I would like to load in all marin fire and some law. Is there a better template out there, or a good CSV file I could start with?

Thanks for any help.

KE5BCP

Analog Man
syncmaster9 said:
I just got a RS P96, and I would like to load in all marin fire and some law. Is there a better template out there, or a good CSV file I could start with?

Thanks for any help.
Since you are a donating member here, use the web import feature of Win96.

syncmaster9

Is there a guide for newbies showing what the fields are in the CSV file. I dont want to delete something i might need.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.