• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

All my CP200D questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gigaflex

Possible to program a CP200D using MotoTRBO CPS or does it need a seperate software

fwradio

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
It uses the TRBO CPS. You will need a USB cable that will plug directly into the side of the radio. It does not use the RIB and CP200 (old) cable. The USB goes directly from the computer to the radio.

N1GTL

Database Admin
Also, software version will depend on firmware in the radio.

wb1ccp

Premium Subscriber
The radio has a little rubber flap on the lower right-hand side that you have to kind of flip out at the top to expose a micro-USB connector. Most any micro-USB data cable should work, you don't need anything fancy.

gigaflex

The radio has a little rubber flap on the lower right-hand side that you have to kind of flip out at the top to expose a micro-USB connector. Most any micro-USB data cable should work, you don't need anything fancy.

Yes i have the cable. The Radio Connects to the computer and gives the connection tone. But I have the MotoTrbo CPS programming software but the software wont recognize the radio. I dont know if maybe i have the wrong software or what.

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
Mototrbo CPS will program the CP200D. For the CP200, you'd use a completely different software package and a specific cable with a RIB or a ribless cable.

K2NEC

Yes i have the cable. The Radio Connects to the computer and gives the connection tone. But I have the MotoTrbo CPS programming software but the software wont recognize the radio. I dont know if maybe i have the wrong software or what.
Try this:
With the radio off, insert the programming cable into the side
Power on the radio
The radio and computer should both recognize the connection
Try to read the radio

gigaflex

try disconnecting from your home network, then try reading the radio.

OK so i got the radio to connect to the software but when i try to click recover it says Error 1057 region not supported. I know some people can hack it to disable the region lock but i cant figure out how to do that.

K2NEC

OK so i got the radio to connect to the software but when i try to click recover it says Error 1057 region not supported. I know some people can hack it to disable the region lock but i cant figure out how to do that.
What is the model number?

alcahuete

Premium Subscriber
To piggyback on this question, since we're talking about firmware and programming, what firmware is used on the digital side of this radio? Is it just the standard Mototrbo firmware for portable radios? I have a few I'm working on upgrading, but I can't find specific firmware in my Moto account for the 200d.

gigaflex

To piggyback on this question, since we're talking about firmware and programming, what firmware is used on the digital side of this radio? Is it just the standard Mototrbo firmware for portable radios? I have a few I'm working on upgrading, but I can't find specific firmware in my Moto account for the 200d.

Quick question. Is there a reason my mototrbo doesnt have a 200d sample .ctb file? I read that i may be able to bypass the passcode on my radio by straight writing to the radio a new set of channels. But the program doesnt have a .ctb file for the 200d.

Floridarailfanning

Premium Subscriber
In MOL go under the Resource Center then:
path_arrow.gif
Software
path_arrow.gif
Two-Way
path_arrow.gif
MOTOTRBO
path_arrow.gif
Conventional - Firmware

There is R2.7.1 Digital firmware for CM200/300d and CP200d.

Floridarailfanning

Premium Subscriber
Quick question. Is there a reason my mototrbo doesnt have a 200d sample .ctb file? I read that i may be able to bypass the passcode on my radio by straight writing to the radio a new set of channels. But the program doesnt have a .ctb file for the 200d.
If your seeing the 1057 Region Error your not going to be able to program the radio even if you have a sample codeplug. You must have the correct region CPS for the radio model you're trying to program.

gigaflex

If your seeing the 1057 Region Error your not going to be able to program the radio even if you have a sample codeplug. You must have the correct region CPS for the radio model you're trying to program.

where can i download thew correct one from? My model number is AAH01QDC9JA2AN

Status
Not open for further replies.