• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

All of my NX-320 turned off at the same time

LRUcommo

Hello there.

A strange thing happened to 6 of my NX-320s. We took 2 of them to do a job, they both turned off at the same time (was around 0100 local time). They also wouldn't turn on. Well, I thought the batteries died or were faulty. I took them back, swapped with other radios, that were turned off - they wouldn't turn on too!

After some fiddling - all of them turned on after turning the channel selection knob a few clicks and then switching on the power.

So, my question is - did I miss something in my codeplug? Because happened to all my radios at once and it is really strange.

LRUcommo

Were these on a trunked radio system? Conventional repeater? Simplex?
Sorry, forgot to mention - simplex.

Thes strangest thing was that even the unused radios (that were off in the first place) would not turn on too.

Wicho

Well, it's either April 1 and I didn't realize it or...

I know the Motorola DTR600 has a rental mode where once the rental timer reaches 0 the radio is disabled. Any chance there was something like this in the programming (don't know if it's even possible on the NX-320, and since they eventually powered back on...).

Just throwing out a thought.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Well, it's either April 1 and I didn't realize it or...

I know the Motorola DTR600 has a rental mode where once the rental timer reaches 0 the radio is disabled. Any chance there was something like this in the programming (don't know if it's even possible on the NX-320, and since they eventually powered back on...).

Just throwing out a thought.

Kenwood's don't have that.

Unless someone pinged out a kill/stun code on your frequency, I'm not sure what would cause that.