all programed but cant see or her talk groups or ids in scan

Status
Not open for further replies.

northvale

I am all programed but cant see or her talk groups or ids in Scan (I once did). PRO 96 type II smart zone

Help.

once knew a web page with pictures of the display, cant find it.

dangitdoug

1. Are you hearing anything at all?

2. Are you sure everything was entered in trunking mode?

3. I believe the 96 is Control Channel only programmable. If you programmed all the voice channels, you scanner is scanning frequencies that are unneeded.

Good Luck

Doug K

jeffrey420

northvale said:
I am all programed but cant see or her talk groups or ids in Scan (I once did). PRO 96 type II smart zone

Help.

once knew a web page with pictures of the display, cant find it.

How did you program it? Are you using win96? What systems (City, County, State) are you trying to program? The more information you give, the better problem solving can be done.

Open or closed mode for your bank?

northvale

re: cant here anything pro 96

thanks guys,

Banks are 'on', closed mode to hear only programed talk groups,
motorola mode,
talk groups are in motorola mode,
I programed the unit,
I dont see 'vc' in the display like I use to.
frequencies programmed in unit and talk ids has not change: same as it was when it was working/recieving.

again in scan mode nothing heard

Just so many possibilities and lack of help from the manual. (call 911).

thanks again for your help.......

Last edited:

jeffrey420

northvale said:
thanks guys,

Banks are 'on', closed mode to hear only programed talk groups,
motorola mode,
talk groups are in motorola mode,
I programed the unit,
I dont see 'vc' in the display like I use to.
frequencies programmed in unit and talk ids has not change: same as it was when it was working/recieving.

again in scan mode nothing heard

Just so many possibilities and lack of help from the manual. (call 911).

Do you just have the control channels in? If so make sure you can hear signal on the control channel. It should be at least at 70%. I had a system here by me, that after 2 years with the same two control channels added a third to their list. All of the sudden one day I noticed I wasn't getting any more calls for that system. Then I checked the other freqs. in the system, and found they added a control channel. If you don't hear anything on the control channels try some of the other voice channels and see.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
When scanning the bank that you have programmed, hit <MAN>, if you don't hear the CCh data stream you have a problem. Step through all the frequencies you have programmed and see if any of them are the CCh. If not, find it and program it.

All GRE Trunk Tracking Scanners (except the Pro-92/2067) are CCh only scanners. They don't use the other channels (unless they become the CCh).

If you do hear the CCh data stream, then go back into <SCAN> mode and open the bank ( <Func> + <5> ) and listen for a while. If you eventually hear something than I suspect you have shut off your ID Banks, re-enable them and you should be okay.

northvale

FROM cant see or her talk groups PRO 96 DISPLAY STEP by STEP

PROBLEM FIXED somehow (the story of digi scanners made across seas). Thanks.

I wish there was a guide regarding the display of the Pro 96, thats where the problem occures with not knowing how to program the display wich effects if I can hear anything or not when trunking (motarola II smartzone) Marin
nothing in the r/s manual.

I did see a visual guide regarding the display of the Pro 96 on the web a few months ago but cant find it. ANYONE?

Thank You

Last edited:

northvale

great pro 96 display link

thank you lou

great link, there is amother out there this is great.
r/s should compensate you, maybe win application for programming is not that bad. I dont want to be dependant on the program just my knowhow (ego)

Status
Not open for further replies.