All Those Tampa Bay REACT Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

N5XPM

4 talk groups on a 5 channel system. That's efficiency at it's finest.

Higher cost with higher complexity and potentially lower reliability and lower geographic diversity. I call it technology gone astray.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Higher cost with higher complexity and potentially lower reliability and lower geographic diversity. I call it technology gone astray.

I concur.
Done right, it could prevent unauthorized users. But it's a waste of spectrum. Sounds like someone had the money/equipment before they had the need.

Cameron314

I'm just guessing here but I'm going to go with not even a real system. If it is real they seemly forgot to let the FCC know about it.

Cameron314

Though a guy that when you google his name does have some kind of relationship to REACT does have some the freq licensed in his name so who knows.

batdude

Florida Db Admin / Florida Forum Moderator
wow... i'm actually amazed.

some / most of these freqs on that RR page are licensed here, under call WQKP990

however, several of them are only coming up "expired" to a miami photographer... 151.82, 151.88, etc. under call WPQJ547, and that 160.1625 freq stuck out to me, that's not licensed to them at all.

i would encourage those of you in Tampa to plug those freqs in and see if there is any activity.... never know!

doug

Last edited:

zlandmedia

not that florida man
I can keep an ear on those frequencies for a bit to see if anything comes up.

FWIW those addresses for WQKP990 (under the main tab) are registered at the Hillsborough County Public Safety office on Columbus (between 301 and Falkenburg) and a private residence. No transmitter at either address.

AESFTW

Premium Subscriber
You should see the silliness we have here in Tampa. Like a 4-frequency cap+ system with only 1 active TG for an ambulance company.
LOL all that wasted capacity. I know they offer subsciption services but it seems as though no one has bought into it. A shame because its sounds like a decent system. For such a small radio shop, I am surprised they built it out that much for like 1 active tg.

zlandmedia

not that florida man
Unless anybody has more insight on these frequencies and when they could be heard, I think it's safe to remove them.

I tuned my TRX-1 to them yesterday and for hours on end there was nothing but complete silence.

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber
Unless anybody has more insight on these frequencies and when they could be heard, I think it's safe to remove them.

I tuned my TRX-1 to them yesterday and for hours on end there was nothing but complete silence.
Did you tune them or make a list and scan? Others have shown that many of these frequencies are, in fact, licensed to a local REACT group. REACT is mostly volunteer and that makes it transient by nature, so I wouldn't recommend removal after just a mere "hours on end," I'd give it at least a few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.