• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

All your data are belong to us

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobmich52

Yeah MM, I Beleive It.

I Have ATT/SBC For My Landline.

I Read The B/S They sent With My Bill The Other Day, WHAT A JOKE!

I'm All For It With Probable Cause & A LEGIT Search Warrant.

BUT.

The ATT/SBC Stuff To Me At Least Is Giving Big Bro A License To Go Fishing Just To See What They Might Catch.

It Might Be A Minnow, It Might Be A Marlin.

Give Big Bro A Inch, They Will Go Miles Over What They Should.

Are We A Police State In The Making ?

Thank You For Nothing GWB!

And Before Someone FLAMES Me , I Am NOT A Demmarat.

I Am A Registered Voter Of The Skeptical Party.

Skeptical Of ANY Politician, No Matter What Party Or Affiliation

Bill2k

We are becoming a police state, no doubt about it.

I would like to blame this on GWB's administation, but it is the whole federal government at fault. The only reason we are reading and hearing about it is because a republican is in office at the moment. And the mass media does not like republicans in power. If there was a democrat in office, this kind of thing would skirt under the radar. We never heard about the Clinton administration's domestic spying program, and they were tracking calls which originated and terminated in the US.

Now if we form a well regulated militia to keep our government in check, we are labeled terrorists, cultist, or extremists and are dealt with accordingly.

MacombMonitor

I read in another article that the new AT&T anti-privacy policy is going to be retroactive! So you don't even have a choice about it, they already have all your info! In addition to that, as I have said before, AT&T/SBC is in bed with the folks at Yahoo, and they've already been harvesting customers info, and selling it for years to whom ever. It will only get worse from here. So I guess the lesson learned is if you're ever involved in a class-action lawsuit, just change your policy, and all your problems will just go away! :evil:

They can change their name, but the games the same! I'm happy to say I've been SBC Free for three years now! :p

Last edited:

MacombMonitor

Bill2k said:
The only reason we are reading and hearing about it is because a republican is in office at the moment. And the mass media does not like republicans in power. [clipped] We never heard about the Clinton administration's domestic spying program, and they were tracking calls which originated and terminated in the US.
True! But we sure heard enough about Clinton's domestic sex life! :p

I think today's media whores will feed off of any carcass they can find!

Bill2k

MacombMonitor said:
I think today's media whores will feed off of any carcass they can find!
No doubt. And if they can't find a carcass they dig one up.

Media now a days has a shoot now, put corrections on an obscure page later attitude.

mkewman

Premium Subscriber
shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiizzzzzzzzzzzzz. that's opened my eyes. i gotta switch to someone else.

anyone have any sbc/att alternatives that DON'T sell your info and give big brother a peek at your data?

RISC777

Go dish. I contracted to AT&T, learned enough, and got away from them, as far as I could.

a new move that legal experts say will reduce customers' recourse for any future data sharing with government authorities or others.
It should read: "A new move that will reduce the number of customers"

jimyleg

bobmich52 said:
Yeah MM, I Beleive It.

I Have ATT/SBC For My Landline.

I Read The B/S They sent With My Bill The Other Day, WHAT A JOKE!

I'm All For It With Probable Cause & A LEGIT Search Warrant.

BUT.

The ATT/SBC Stuff To Me At Least Is Giving Big Bro A License To Go Fishing Just To See What They Might Catch.

It Might Be A Minnow, It Might Be A Marlin.

Give Big Bro A Inch, They Will Go Miles Over What They Should.

Are We A Police State In The Making ?

Thank You For Nothing GWB!

And Before Someone FLAMES Me , I Am NOT A Demmarat.

I Am A Registered Voter Of The Skeptical Party.

Skeptical Of ANY Politician, No Matter What Party Or Affiliation
10-4 Bob ;Read you loud and clear.

okccsi

Way back in the day when I had COX cable, I had created a new user name and in less than 1 day I had spam mail pouring in. I thought maybe this was a fluke so I created another that was incredibly weird and odd and sure enough I had spam mail again within a day. Their CSR's stated that they do not sell customer info but upon reading their user agreement it states that they MAY, from time to time GIVE your info to select third parties to offer you exciting and special benefits for exisiting customers.

Yeah right.

OKC CSI

jimyleg

okccsi said:
Way back in the day when I had COX cable, I had created a new user name and in less than 1 day I had spam mail pouring in. I thought maybe this was a fluke so I created another that was incredibly weird and odd and sure enough I had spam mail again within a day. Their CSR's stated that they do not sell customer info but upon reading their user agreement it states that they MAY, from time to time GIVE your info to select third parties to offer you exciting and special benefits for exisiting customers.

Yeah right.

OKC CSI
And you wuold think stiff penaltys would rain down like a asteroid..

E-Man

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I am very happy with my Skype phone, free long distance until the end of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.