Allegan County Radio Upgrade Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

lakeboatnut

My understanding was that Ottawa county was joining the MPSCS, which would be Motorola Infrastructure. I wouldn't be surprised on Allegan county staying with Harris.

Mike

It is also my understanding that Ottawa county will be joining the MPSCS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drdispatch

What's the frequency, Kenneth?
Premium Subscriber
According to Plan

Showing based on the schedule end of the year if all goes as planned.

Which in reality means spring of 2018.
To paraphrase General Beck from the film "Valkyrie": "This is a government operation. Nothing goes according to plan."

("Where is this cynicism coming from", you ask. "Long experience", is my response.)

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Here is what I see from Allegan today. As you can see it is MPSCS and has two neighboring sites. South Haven and Wayland, so far.

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 397
  • Capture1.jpg
    Capture1.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 395
  • Capture3.PNG
    Capture3.PNG
    27 KB · Views: 356

jack3726

From the database section these match up to what is posted for the Allegan Simulcast freqs. What I am trying to figure out is, there are 3 different sites for Allegan County for MPSCS. They are marked as Fennville(group of freqs), Wayland(group of freqs) and Allegan Simulcast. Will only the county use the simulcast and the other ones are for other state use(MSP, DNR, etc). Lets say that is the case will these sites be bridged then.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Yes, Allegan county is using the same towers currently in use for the ProVoice system.
Old ProVoice https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?fccCallsign=WQBT632
Old ProVoice https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?fccCallsign=WPPF573

New CQPSK https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?fccCallsign=WPPF573 changed to existing license.
New CQPSK https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?fccCallsign=WQBT632 new license.

Same tower locations. Connected to the MPSCS infrastructure and simulcast throughout the county for the local agencies.

Old news, but the testing is almost completed.
http://cms.allegancounty.org/Projec...ents/Project-Status-Report-as of 08-18-17.pdf

Supergroup TGID 3069 D6 North has been displayed so it appears testing of the MPSCS link is in process. Any radio affiliations are being rejected for now.

So far the G5 only sees the system has a signal with nothing reported. It jumps to site 307 Fennville in Allegan county.
The ProVoice system is still active until cutover.

Last edited:

Jwindsor15

I just finished the MPSCS end user training and I might be able to provide some information to the thread. From what I've been told the MPSCS change over will happen starting 10/10 at 0500. Allegan central will continue to monitor the old system until all agencies receive the new digital equipment. I've also been told LEIN, tactical, and 2 SWAT channels will be the only encrypted channels for Allegan.

B4U

New system is in use

This is what it looks like today.

Attachments

• Screenshot (7).jpg
    Screenshot (7).jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 240

B4U

Little more info after running for some time.

At least Primary is not encrypted.

Attachments

• Screenshot (11).jpg
    Screenshot (11).jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 246

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Are the-
Transit Authority
Interurban,
Public works,
Road Commission also switching?
If so, DAVEIN our local admin for Allegan and us can start looking at least to putting their analog frequencies to deprecated status once their talkgroups are found.
See https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=1229

I read elsewhere in news articles that fire was at least originally going to hold off till they could check the reliability of their G4 pagers.

Jwindsor15

Are the-
Transit Authority
Interurban,
Public works,
Road Commission also switching?
If so, DAVEIN our local admin for Allegan and us can start looking at least to putting their analog frequencies to deprecated status once their talkgroups are found.
See https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=1229

I read elsewhere in news articles that fire was at least originally going to hold off till they could check the reliability of their G4 pagers.

Allegan County Transit has and they talk group 13349. I'm monitoring the site for new talk groups. Road commission and public works should be switching over. The problem is the new digital equipment hasn't been received or installed yet. Ive just submitted the new talk groups

manlius

Premium Subscriber
In the event that anyone is trying to monitor Allegan Central Dispatch and creating a favorites list using just the data for the MPSCS sites from the latest database, you may want to do this. I found that I improved my signal strength, decode rate and decreased the number of missed calls by taking the two sites from the old EDACS system and adding them as sites in my new F/L for the MPSCS System. The two sites, known as [Countywide Simulcast] and [Holland/Plainwell/Allegan (Simulcast)] are not included in the latest DB update as part of the site listings for MPSCS. Allegan is using the following MPSCS sites in addition to the two former EDACS sites as part of their net:

Fennville, Grand Rapids, Plainwell, South Haven, Wayland.

There are actually a few more sites that fall into their licensed locations, however, I found that these 7 do a good job without creating too long of a scan cycle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B4U

Any time I hear a Allegan broadcast from a State tower it sounds good, If I listen to the transmission from the Allegan simulcast system It sounds a little choppy , even after fine tuning my 436. From the Ada tower it sounds great when I listen at lunch time.

bodnarp

Premium Subscriber
3211-911 Dispatch
13394-Jail 1
3357-LEIN(Encrypted)
3358-Secondary
3359-Tactical(encrypted)
13349-Allegan Transportation
13423-Unified Incident Command 1
13429-Unified Incident Command 2
13430-Unified Incident Command 3
13431-Unified Incident Command 4
13437-Wayland EMS
13696-Wayland EMS Paging
13402-Plainwell EMS
13697-Plainwell EMS Paging
13398-Life EMS
13698-Life EMS Paging
Fire still on VHF and EDACS is turned off

BSchaner

Premium Subscriber
A good list you have there. I have a few more that are coming over however they are encrypted:
13352? I assume this one is there but it never showed
13353 - This one had a little talk on it before being encrypted but I couldn't figure out who it was

Status
Not open for further replies.