Not open for further replies.

B4U

I found a APCO P25 signal on 859.2625 site 003-046 with uni trunker giving me
LCN 00-1317 858.2625
LCN 00-1317 859.2375
LCN 00-1321 859.2625
LCN 00-1349 859.4375
LCN 00-1429 859.9375

I see calls coming in but system says action denied, Some calls are not denied but no voice.
I found the signal on a sdr stick on 859.2625
I am not a expert on finding new systems, as far as I can tell this seems like it is the new system in testing but i am not sure. Anyone that knows how this works please correct me.

Last edited:

BSchaner

Premium Subscriber
Awesome info there. My G4 connected to site 3-46 no problem in Ottawa county. The other Frequency didn't work for me (858.4875) here in Ottawa. So im wondering if maybe this 3-46 is another county testing at this point as Allegan, Ottawa, and kent counties are all being constructed. I probably won't hear anything as the G4 doesn't scan TGID's so when those start coming around, please post them.

B4U

Go back to the first post and follow the link to see the latest info on the Allegan system, It is up and running for testing. here is a little info from the last update.

Motorola P25 system optimization is in progress
ii. The MPSCS site and R56 audits for all sites were completed on Wednesday, August
16, 2017. All sites are compliant
iii. Harris has disabled the three channels to be used for system optimization and
coverage testing. Motorola has confirmed those three channels in the Motorola
system have been turned up and are operational

i. System optimization to be completed on Tuesday, August 22, 2017
ii. Begin coverage testing on Wednesday, August 23, 2017. Four persons from ACD to
be deployed – three in the field, and one in dispatch
iii. Continue to fine tune any needs for the coverage testing scheduled to begin
Wednesday, August 23, 2017

mikey60

LCN 00-1317 858.2625
LCN 00-1317 859.2375

These two can't have the same LCN (Channel number) and be different frequencies. P25 doesn't allow that unless it's another identifier table (the 00- part).

Mike

B4U

Thanks,
You are right , I made a mistake in the copying over. I will edit my post.
I tried, guess its to late to change now.

LCN 00-1161 is right for 858.26250

Last edited:

Skud

Feed Provider
Middleville, MI-Barry County(Near G.R. & Ionia
LCN 00-1317 858.2625
LCN 00-1317 859.2375
LCN 00-1321 859.2625
LCN 00-1349 859.4375
LCN 00-1429 859.9375

I see calls coming in but system says action denied, Some calls are not denied but no voice.
I found the signal on a sdr stick on 859.2625
I am not a expert on finding new systems, as far as I can tell this seems like it is the new system in testing but i am not sure. Anyone that knows how this works please correct me.

When I use procom96 on 859.2625 I get system 796 Tower 346 T032E

I do not see a 3 46 on the MPSCS listing and C and two alts come from the Fennville frwq listings.

B4U

I dont think it wold be listed yet. It was just turned on for testing according to the radio upgrade information listed from Allegan. Looks like they used three of the provoice channels to test the new system. Trunk tracker gave me the site info, I dont know what to say. I am not an expert on this just watching the reports from Allegan county and reporting what signals I see. I live in Fennville , Allegan county and that is what it shows. Calls from other counties and state are showing on trunk tracker but show they are blocked. I keep watching it to see what happens as we get closer to the switch over, it is still months away. I thought the info might be fun for some to check out. If the info is wrong correct me. Is it possible for Trunk tracker to give that site info if I did something wrong? It picks up other state trunked systems right like Fennville tower and South Haven.

If I run Trunk tracker on the Fennville site it does not list some of the channels that are listed in the database on radio reference, some that are listed are provoice system channles. Not sure if that is the way the system will work once Allegan switches over or if that is just wrong info listed for the state fennville tower.

ciii. Harris has disabled the three channels to be used for system optimization and
coverage testing. Motorola has confirmed those three channels in the Motorola
system have been turned up and are operational
ounty.

Last edited:

mikey60

If I run Trunk tracker on the Fennville site it does not list some of the channels that are listed in the database on radio reference, some that are listed are provoice system channles. Not sure if that is the way the system will work once Allegan switches over or if that is just wrong info listed for the state fennville tower.

That's normal.

On initial decode, the only frequencies that will show up on a Motorola P25 system are the control channel and any channels designated as alternate control channels. To get the other frequencies you'd have to monitor the site for some amount of time so that the program sees the channels as they are allocated for voice, data, or identification traffic.

Now on Harris P25 Systems (at least the ones I've seen) all frequencies on the site are tagged as alternate control channels, so you typically get a full listing of all available frequencies within the first few seconds of decoding the data.

Mike

B4U

The Old Allegan EDACS Standard provoice system that is getting replaced by a Motorola P25 system and radio reference has listed some of the provoice freqs. under the Fennville site on the MPSCS. system is what I was trying to say , this is hard to explain on here. Sorry.

Skud

Feed Provider
Middleville, MI-Barry County(Near G.R. & Ionia
That's normal.

On initial decode, the only frequencies that will show up on a Motorola P25 system are the control channel and any channels designated as alternate control channels. To get the other frequencies you'd have to monitor the site for some amount of time so that the program sees the channels as they are allocated for voice, data, or identification traffic.

Now on Harris P25 Systems (at least the ones I've seen) all frequencies on the site are tagged as alternate control channels, so you typically get a full listing of all available frequencies within the first few seconds of decoding the data.

Mike

yeah I see that on Procom96

one control and four alts.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
That's normal.

Mike

It's a Harris CQPSK system, Mike. So far just burn in activity and IDEN messages. Ottawa county has just started site upgrades for the same thing. Shows neighbor site is 308 South Haven.

Should be interesting listening.

mikey60

My understanding was that Ottawa county was joining the MPSCS, which would be Motorola Infrastructure. I wouldn't be surprised on Allegan county staying with Harris.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.