Alleghany Co., expanding/rebanding ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

n4jri

Premium Subscriber
While setting up V-files for Alleghany County & area, I noticed a LOT of new freqs for this county and the city of Covington.

It looks like fire depts and rescue squads are sprouting some 800 MHz simplex freqs, and the county is also adding some UHF repeaters. License type is YE.

In at least one case, a new freq 855.6625 is being given by Nextel in exchange for 860.7375, as part of rebanding. (they had to notify the folks at Green Bank)

Anybody been up that way lately? Looks like there's lots of stuff to check out--at least on the books.

Also, the county was granted an FCC extension on construction of its 800 fire/rescue system as of March 28. They now appear to have until July.

73/Allen (N4JRI)

JESSERABBIT

Allen, I have a relative living in Allegheny County. I make several visits a year. One one of them I programmed the 800mhz frequencies into the Pro-97 (conventional). I was getting hits on what very much appeared to be an LTR system on them (lcn data). I posted information in this Forum, and received several replies. Those were some of the frequencies that were listed in the FCC Database. You may want to do a search here for the replies that were posted in response. I arranged the data in lcn format, but was unsucessful in comming to any conclusion other than what was stated in the previoulsly in the mentioned thread. I do know that there is a entity named (or at least was) Mountain Radio that has similiar if not identical frequencies listed as theirs. I hope this helps you some in trying to figure it out.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Thanks for the notice Allen. We are going through on May 20 and returning on the 28th. I just checked the Win500 file and sure enough, 860.7375 CT 67.0 (Allagh F/EMS Tac) is in a Scanlist. Think I'll leave it in and add 855.6625.

n4jri

Premium Subscriber
JESSERABBIT said:
Allen, I have a relative living in Allegheny County. I make several visits a year. One one of them I programmed the 800mhz frequencies into the Pro-97 (conventional). I was getting hits on what very much appeared to be an LTR system on them (lcn data). I posted information in this Forum, and received several replies. Those were some of the frequencies that were listed in the FCC Database. You may want to do a search here for the replies that were posted in response. I arranged the data in lcn format, but was unsucessful in comming to any conclusion other than what was stated in the previoulsly in the mentioned thread. I do know that there is a entity named (or at least was) Mountain Radio that has similiar if not identical frequencies listed as theirs. I hope this helps you some in trying to figure it out.

What strikes me in particular is that a 'system' is due to be in place in July (as if there were no 'system' previously). I remember your previous postings, and the fact that the freqs were licensed as a trunked system--making this new deadline seem all the more odd to me.

I'd like to have a day or two up there to let the PSR-500 do an LCN auto-sort on all that stuff.

Covington has also sprouted about 5 new UHF simplex freqs...and approved for digital emmissions.

It's an awful lot of stuff for the area to be covered...

73/Allen (N4JRI)

Status
Not open for further replies.