Alleghany/Rockbridge County,VA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the TG info.

Both the 996P2 and SDS 200 will do this system. You either have to program it manually or wait for it to go into the system and become available for download.

I just created a P25 system, added freqs of system and then created 2 talk groups. 0 and i0, that gets me I-Calls too.

Wala picking up new system. As talk groups are learned I'll put them into the software and send it to the radio.

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
Actually just confirmed that 238 is their Med Channel. Essentially Med 9 and they are not using the actual Med 9 any longer. Cov 37 called into ARH for a medical report but did it accidentally on Fire dispatch then 238 popped up with their radio ID right after.

So its the medic/hosp channel AND its Encrypted.

Badgerdog

A guy in the squad told me that it would be because of HEPA. I am waiting for the Sentinel update. Right now, I am monitoring State Police, Greenbriar, and SIREN.

bocook222

A guy in the squad told me that it would be because of HEPA. I am waiting for the Sentinel update. Right now, I am monitoring State Police, Greenbriar, and SIREN.
They never put information over the air that would be a violation of hepa. That's just a BS theory

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
The current explanation is related to what Badgerdog said. They do use HIPPA. The other part is if you hear a fire call at 612 Church st. for an unconscious 24 year old female given to Rescue 1 and 15 minutes late you hear Rescue 17 en route to ARH with a 24 year old female who overdosed on take your pick then you have identifiable information about a patient. Maybe not her name but age, sex, condition and reason for condition along with her address. It doesn't take a genius to put two and two together.

Hence you have an excuse to encrypt it and they take it.

Kind of like the old saying "Any port in a storm" only this is "Any excuse to take it"

Also as an aside I remember running into a major jurisdiction a few years ago that would give not only the patient's name but their social security number over the med channels. Don't ask me why but they did. Can't remember where it was as I traveled all over the US at the time. Always shocked me to hear it.

We never did anything like that in LA. sex, age, CC and vitals plus ETA and certain treatment related stuff like O2 being administered or being packaged with full C-Spine precautions, or drugs being administered etc.

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber

May be wrong but don't think it'll go in until next week. See the post about creating a system and you should be good to go.

lexmedic157

there's no link really, when you're in the Sentinel program you can do an update to the database.

-sorry, this was referring to the weekly update-

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber

Just a few posts up. Here is the gist of it.

Both the 996P2 and SDS 200 will do this system. You either have to program it manually or wait for it to go into the system and become available for download.

I just created a P25 system, added freqs of system and then created 2 talk groups. 0 and i0, that gets me I-Calls too.

Wala picking up new system. As talk groups are learned I'll put them into the software and send it to the radio.

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
Another interesting thing I've noticed is that unlike Rockbridge they are not simulcasting their fire dispatch on analog, on either 800 or 39.5. I wonder if that means they bought G5s for everyone.

Badgerdog

Another interesting thing I've noticed is that unlike Rockbridge they are not simulcasting their fire dispatch on analog, on either 800 or 39.5. I wonder if that means they bought G5s for everyone.
Are they still doing test alarms at 6pm? I haven't heard but one and that was on 800 freq. Nothing on P25.

Badgerdog

I finally figured it out. I made the Alleghany P25 as its own favorite list. I had it in with the other Alleghany channels. Working great!

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Judging by the WACN, this system is manufactured by L3Harris, so all system frequencies should be entered into a scanner or Unication radio. The RRDB entry only shows two frequencies marked as cchs; all should be marked as acchs to increase resiliency.

lexmedic157

It is a Harris system and while your assertion is normally correct, Alleghany was only able to license two frequencies are control channels.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
It is a Harris system and while your assertion is normally correct, Alleghany was only able to license two frequencies are control channels.
That is unusual. TBH, I've never heard of an issue that would limit the use of licensed system channels. It would be possible to program only two control channels, but it isn't normal practice for Harris.

Nevermind - It might have something to do with the Green Bank Observatory Quiet Zone.

Last edited:

maus92

Premium Subscriber
While the turkey is cooking, I looked at the FCC license data for this system. I guess it is being leased from L3Harris because they own it. Another note is the RRDB shows a traffic frequency of 462.050, however that freq is not licensed using two callsigns (WRDB231 or WRFY577) associated with the system. There is another frequency on the licenses - 462.5250 that is not in the RRDB, so 462.050 might be a typo (or covered by another license for the system.)

Status
Not open for further replies.