Allegheny County North PD (Re)Groupings

Status
Not open for further replies.

pghDave

It sounds like Ross PD has moved to Allegheny County PD 1. Not sure if I heard Northern Regional on 1 as well?

Anyone know if this is a permanent change and/or if other departments moved?

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
Not sure. But most of ross is closer to the police 1 repeaters vs police 2

pghDave

I got to spend some time in front of the radio and it appears all of PD-2 is on PD-1 this morning. No traffic on PD-2 that I've heard so perhaps PD-2 is just down for maintenance. PD-10 and PD-11 appear normal.

daine1619

Premium Subscriber
Allghney county is combining different channels due to a lack of dispatchers.

West Police 1 and West Police S-1 were combined onto West Public Safety.

The only channels in Allegheny county that would remain unchanged would be the City of Pittsburgh

They normally combine around 2200 and then split at either 0200 or 0600 but for the weekend they remained combined from Friday at 2200 till Sunday at 0600.

jeffm77

Premium Subscriber
Allegheny County should apply for Butler counties old 470 mhz frequencies. Allegheny could use them for more fire/police channels.

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
Probably will "never" happen of going trunked in allegheny. Way TOO many departments and municipalities and they would want the county to buy the equipment. Years ago county gave some departments in east zone xts1500 portables and some 1500 mobiles. Well when other zones found out they stopped giving them out cause of politics.

ffemt134

Feed Provider
Will be interesting to see what happens with the T-band giveback....it's sitting in a Senate committee right now so who knows if it'll ever make it out in time to get passed by the end of the year.
I've also heard a lot of that former Newcom stuff is over 20 years old at this point and is starting to fail/can't find parts for it.

IStebleton

Premium Subscriber
Allghney county is combining different channels due to a lack of dispatchers.

West Police 1 and West Police S-1 were combined onto West Public Safety.

The only channels in Allegheny county that would remain unchanged would be the City of Pittsburgh

They normally combine around 2200 and then split at either 0200 or 0600 but for the weekend they remained combined from Friday at 2200 till Sunday at 0600.
Does the West only have PD 1, S-1, and S-2, and Public Safety currently?

Status
Not open for further replies.