Allegheny County West Zone Police / Pub Safety / EMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

cobraultra

Feed Provider
Over the past few weeks I have noticed that these three channels have had HORRIBLE performance. I can't even describe the noise it is making. It only seems to be getting worse. Last night I heard a Police Department completely unable to coordinate activities between themselves and neighboring communities for backup. They tried to rely on CAD but seems that the information is outdated and responding units where in the wrong place. At the end of the incident I heard the OIC ask that the situation be noted and it needs to be addressed sooner rather than later, before one of his officers or surrounding officers gets hurt. It seems that the Dispatch Center does not experience the interference, just the units in the field. The OIC also made a statement that said it was a known equipment issue. I just find it hard to believe that it has been left to get worse and worse. Hope for everyone's sake they do get around to fixing it.

Just thought it would be worth noting somewhere.

hophead3528

Weak signal

I've noticed the same thing. I live in Crafton and I've heard a lot of interference and seen decreased signal strength. The West Police (460.5000) and West EMS (470.4375) signals are scratchy and have low volume. The Fire channels seem unaffected.

FF1033

The West PD 1, EMS, Fire Dispatch, and Pub Sfty channels are on the same simulcast system with three transmitter sites. The fire ops channels have a single transmitter site and are built out to cover certain areas geographically throughout the zone. That is likely why the channels on the simulcast system are the only ones effected.

Status
Not open for further replies.