Allen County Fire VHF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anon6083

Premium Subscriber
After realizing that most ACFD departments do not use the county trunked system (for understandable reasons, given that they're volunteer departments; north east is the only exception) and that only a couple of departments had a VHF frequency in the RR DB, I began working to get a comprehensive list of frequencies for all of the county departments.

I doubt that I've found them all in the FCC ULS so far, as I often cannot hear departments' responses to ACFD Dispatch while there is clearly a dialog going on; as best as I can tell, the departments reply on their assigned frequencies while all dispatch transmissions (tone outs, calls, and replies) go out over the known dispatch frequency (154.01 MHz). That said, I really have no idea why I'm only hearing dispatch transmissions.

I've used a geosearch on the ULS site to locate all Public Safety, Conventional (PW) licenses in Allen County to get a majority of the relevant frequencies; I then manually checked each license to see if it was related to a fire agency. If anyone has information related to Allen County Fire frequencies, I'd appreciate your assistance. Here's what I've go so far:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvWK2LqV2nTVdE5TMmVNUnQ1UG9CMnBrTTk1bmNkUGc&hl=en_US

Viper43

Can't help you there but I do hear 154.1000 daily down here by Indy. Catch them all the time on an IC ICR-1500

BTW, did you check cityfreq? They sometimes have things listed the FCC oddly doesn't. I have found many interesting things there. Indiana Scanner Frequencies It's out of date but helpful at times.

zerg901

Premium Subscriber
Nbuuck - I looked at the FCC ULS and this is what it looks like to me -

In the beginning, everything was done on 154.01. Then 154.415 was added as a 2ndary or firescene channel. 154.28 is the statewide fire mutual aid channel. Pagers were / are on 154.01. All 3 channels had base stations and mobiles and portable radios.

At some point 154.325 was added. Possibly just St Joseph Twp FD uses this freq. New Haven Adam FD has mobiles on 154.325. The county has a license for base and mobiles on 154.325 also. Perhaps this is a primary or 2ndary channel for St Joseph Twp that has morphed into a extra firescene channel for county wide use. or maybe it is a coordination freq with an adjacent agency or county.

Hoagland FD also has 154.37 (base and mobiles) - maybe primary or 2ndary or coord use.

New Haven Adam FD also has 154.13 (base and mobiles) - maybe primary or secondary or coord use - they also have 154.40 (base and mobiles) but that is adjacent to 154.415 and might cause interference

155.28 mobile and 155.34 mobile for Poe FD is probably for EMS coordination with ambulances or hospitals. (these are kinda nationwide)

At some point, the County licensed a repeater in Fort Wayne - the output is 154.01 - the input is 150.79 - there are only 38 mobiles and 40 pagers licensed - so I dont know what the real use is - doesnt seem to be for countywide use

Also - Marion Twp put up a repeater at Marion - the output is 154.01 and the input seems to be 159.165 - this repeater probably is primarily intended to increase the likelihood that the County dispatcher can hear the Marion Twp units - you have to think this over in your head to see how it works

SW Allen FD also added a repeater - it is at Yoder - the output is 154.01 and the input is probably 158.88

Washington Twp FD also added a repeater - the output is also 154.01 - the input is either 154.145 or 156.06

If all of the 154.01 repeaters have the same PL on the output, then I would guess they are all intended to strengthen the link from the outlying FDs back to the County dispatcher in Fort Wayne

PS - just because something is listed in the FCC ULS, that does not mean it is actually being used - but it usually does

N9MHD

ACFD freq

Not sure if it is still in use but Fort Wayne used to also use 154.190. I believe it was used as a White channel, it's been a while.

Anon6083

Premium Subscriber
Not sure if it is still in use but Fort Wayne used to also use 154.190. I believe it was used as a White channel, it's been a while.

Thanks for the tip! I found two active licenses within Allen County for that frequency:

ULS License - Public Safety Pool, Conventional License - KSD836 - FORT WAYNE, CITY OF - Frequencies Summary
ULS License - Public Safety Pool, Conventional License - WPZQ946 - ALLEN, COUNTY OF - Frequencies Summary

Both of which contain known ACFD VHF frequencies (although 154.190 was unknown to me), which corroborate their association with ACFD despite the licenses being generic to Allen County or the City of Fort Wayne. Thanks for your help.

Edit: What is a White channel?

Last edited:

Chaser945

Hoagland has the 154.370 because they provide "primary" coverage and Secondary covrage to Adams County. 154.370 is the disp. channel for Adams County

Anon6083

Premium Subscriber
Hoagland has the 154.370 because they provide "primary" coverage and Secondary covrage to Adams County. 154.370 is the disp. channel for Adams County

I was just contemplating this myself; I hear a lot of tone outs for Adams on that frequency and was just realizing how much sense it made for Base 130 (Hoagland) to provide dual service. I heard Hoagland's EMS announce back-in-range yesterday and figured they probably ventured out of the county on a secondary coverage call. Thanks for the confirmation.

zerg901

Premium Subscriber
Allen County, Indiana (IN) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

The info in the RadioReference database for Allen County doesnt match what I found in the FCC ULS completely - but it is pretty close.

County Dispatch shows as 154.01 R PL 203.5 with an input of 156.06

154.325 shows as Adams Twp fireground

150.79 shows as Aboite Twp tac PL 210.7

Cedar Canyons FD tac shows as 150.775

New Haven Adams shows 154.40 and 154.13 as tac channels

Washington Twp shows as a Tac of 154.145

They all might initially operate on 154.01 - but then switch to their local tac channels when they reach the scene - or when they get someone to man the base station at the fire station (if they have base stations at their fie stations). Or maybe they use 154.415 as the primary fireground channel - and the local tac channels are used for non emergency messages.

Anon6083

Premium Subscriber
The info in the RadioReference database for Allen County doesnt match what I found in the FCC ULS completely - but it is pretty close.

Yeah, the DB entry is pretty decent. This entire effort is to try to get a complete Reference (see what I did there? :D) for ACFD, but yeah, it's close enough. I haven't actually heard ACFD VHF traffic deviate from the main dispatch frequency in the time that I've been monitoring it (except when one of the north east guys decides to hit up dispatch on his 800MHz radio).

Here are the frequencies that aren't currently on the DB but appear to be licensed to one or more bases in ACFD:

154.2800 Poe, Washington Twp, Hoagland/Marion Twp, South West, Arcola, Woodburn, and North East.
154.3700 As we discussed, Hoagland, but not for primary dispatch.
155.2800 Poe and South West Fire District
155.3400 Poe and South West Fire District
156.0600 Also licensed to Washington Twp (KBZ945)
159.1650 Licensed to Mario Twp (aka Hoagland, though this is a tad confusing).

Note: Many of these frequencies belong to multiple active licenses. Poe and South West Fire District both have individual licenses for the various frequencies that they share. I assume these will be separate entries in the DB for Allen County whenever we submit these updates.

Last edited:

Chaser945

you will find that in some shape or farm that all agency's providing EMS coverage will have 155.340 IHERN. EMS to Hospital. NHAT 154.40 I beleive it what they call Blue channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.